Quark mini AA head on Quark Mini AA-2 body?

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I tried to search for this but couldn't find the info not that I am great with searches. Can a Quark Min AA head operate on a Quark Mini AA-2 body. I have a Neutral tinted Mini XP-E and thinking about putting a AA-2 body on it. The newer XP-G lights seem to use the same voltage. Odds are the older ones did as well but not sure.

Length: 5 inches/Body diameter: 0.7 inches/Head diameter: 0.7 inches/Weight (without batteries): 1 oz

Length: 3 inches/Body diameter: 0.7 inches/Head diameter: 0.7 inches/Weight (without batteries): 0.7 oz

Thanks for any help.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I believe they've always shared the same head/driver, do you still have your manual - voltage SB listed there. Another nice cell to use with this light is the 3V CRAA Lithium primary (what I use in my HCRI Mini).

Think is the same driver as the CR2 and CR123 versions as well - plenty of folks run 14500/16340s too (just don't over heat).

Last edited:

Woods Walker

Yeah, I believe they've always shared the same head/driver, do you still have your manual - voltage SB listed there. Another nice cell to use with this light is the 3V CRAA Lithium primary (what I use in my HCRI Mini).

Think is the same driver as the CR2 and CR123 versions as well - plenty of folks run 14500/16340s too (just don't over heat).

Thanks. I found the old school 4Sevens hard box. It had the O-ring but on manual. Still betting it's a 3 volt head. Also found a basically unused cold white ZL H501. Dang forgot all about that.

Drclaw

Newly Enlightened
Head is exactly the same, you will have no issues doing this. Same as P1/P2 heads...

Woods Walker

Well then I just purchased an Mini AA-2 online so we will see how it works out. I really like the Quark XP-E 5A neutral mini but craved more power however wanted to stay with the AA format. It gets used as a hanging DIY hanging lantern in my backpacking heated shelter.

So with luck the head transplant will work. Yea the XP-G has more light but the tint is so nice on that 5 year old Quark mini.

Woods Walker

Looks like Gunga was correct and Drclaw wrong. The XP-E Q3-5A 1xAA Quark Mini head did NOT fit the XP-G R5 cool white 2xAA body. But both heads did fit the 1XAA body which does me no good. LOL! How funny is that! Looks like no brighter Neutral tint for me however there is an upside. In the 1XAA body the XP-G is brighter than the older LED but as the numbers from 4SEVENS indicates the 2XAA Mini is brighter than the 1xAA however dang..... It's very very bright and in such a small package for 2xAA. The Mini line is known for their diminutive size but the 2XAA is so UL as well. I wonder why more people don't use the 2XAA Mini? Or maybe they do but I never paid any attention. Well in any case not a bad outcome even if it wasn't the one I was looking for.

Edit. Forgot to add the cool white tint was also good. Just cool white with no green, purple or blue. :)

Last edited: