Quark slate blue, gotta have it

nbp

Flashaholic
Sure, I can get a few shots probably Thurs. night. I have a big white garage I can light up and a lot of woods behind the house so I can find a thicker part of the trail.

wweiss

Enlightened
Not railing WW.. I've been waiting patiently for beam shots as well.. own a couple unused 16650 Orbtronics needing a host

Whew.... I didn't get your frustration code - it can go both ways. Good to know. Yeah, been asking for shots since this thread start. Seemed I would get a vaccine shot sooner...

nbp

Flashaholic
I hear you. I like beamshots too but rarely offer to do them as they seem to never be right for people. Haha

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nbp, i think your post with beam description was pretty good, floody with sufficient throw.. Not being a fan of some Nichia early offerings I'll probably pass on this one

340pd

Newly Enlightened
A copy of an email I sent to Jason after getting my new Slate blue Quark.

Jason, I received my slate blue Quark QK 16L MKIII only three days after my order was placed. As the owner of a much older original Quark Pro that is still in perfect condition, I am loving the improvements on UI as well as the color and tint of the new model. I am also a big fan of the proud tail switch as it works much better with gloves.
I took it for a pre-dawn four-mile walk in the suburban woods this morning and found the 40 lumens setting to be perfect for avoiding obstacles without destroying my night vision.
As lightweight as this is, I look forward to carrying this on walks or entering those poorly lit parking ramps as it will fit ride unnoticed in the pocket of a sports coat or jacket.

nbp

Flashaholic
Nbp, i think your post with beam description was pretty good, floody with sufficient throw.. Not being a fan of some Nichia early offerings I'll probably pass on this one

Yeah It's got sufficient reach for me on high just by nature of 400 lms being pretty bright for my applications but I would not say it has a very distinct hot spot. The hotspot blends very smoothly into spill. For me this is exactly what I like. I don't like rings and artifacts and funny colors. Probably this is why I like triples a great deal and loved the Alpha with Boom reflector, and typically steer away from deep reflectors. Throwers have their place but for me 99% of application is within 20 yds or something so I would rather sacrifice throw for clean smooth beams.

wweiss

Enlightened
nbp- Prometheus Chat finally got back to me and said it's very similar to the MCE with the Boom. Now I await whatever useless, "not right for people" beam shots you provide...

nbp

Flashaholic
Well, it's 9*F outside with windchill of -9 but I tromped around for 45 min in the marsh to get some pix, thanks to the good folks at Duluth Trading Co. and their Whaleback parka. Haha. As soon as I can get imgur to cooperate I will post the beamshots (apparently they're overloaded with users right now presumably due to Xmas being the one day selfies are allowed and everyone being excited about the glut of lovely Scandinavian gals posting...).

Stay tuned!

wweiss

Enlightened
nbp - Thanks in advance for the intrepid research under adverse conditions, along with the fashion news and excessive commentary on unrelated items.

nbp

Flashaholic
It's just me and a gin and tonic relaxing at home tonight, gotta entertain myself somehow. ;)