Quark slate blue, gotta have it

wweiss

Enlightened
Fever tree or Q? Tanqueray and lime. My favorite malaria cure. Enjoy. Then have Nat Geo process those beam shots and send them along? There's a good fellow.

nbp

Flashaholic
Yep, Fever Tree. I also sometimes buy a local tonic called Top Note. I do like Tanqueray and also really like Ford's. Tonight I am using a delicious gin called Rehorst, from Great Lakes Distillery, a small craft distillery a little south of me in Milwaukee. Not sure how large their distribution network is so I can't say if it is available in other states or not.

Wait, what were we talking about again? Oh right, the Swedes. No, beamshots! Ah yes, the 319. C'mon imgur!!!

nbp

Flashaholic
About 15 paces from the back of the garage, picnic table and truck cap give some sense of scale.

Jcz8FWM.jpg

15 paces from the nearest tree in the clump here.

X0UlRA7.jpg

15 paces from the closest orange marker/dead tree.

ZXboha7.jpg

15 paces from the start of the bridge, which is the width of a pickup truck, and probably about 10 paces long.

rOtqVP1.jpg

Looking down a logging/service type road through the marsh. The closest orange markers are 35 paces, the second set are at least twice that far.

rD7Bx7V.jpg

wweiss

Enlightened
I'm buying one thanks to these shots. I know the eye would see more but the details and color render is great to me. Exceptionally steady hand holding the iPhone - for someone sipping a G&T whilst hiking...

nbp

Flashaholic
Yes, these were all on high, 400 lms with the 16650 Quark, not Burst.

I made sure to shut off the setting on the phone that holds the "shutter" open to over expose the shot, so I would say they are pretty accurate, or even a little dimmer than real life when it comes to the spill. The tint is pretty accurate, maybe slightly more yellow on screen against the white garage siding than reality.

I am glad these were helpful for you guys! Like I said, I really am super pleased with this light, which is tough to do at this price point with a handful of $300+ lights around to compare it to!

340pd

Newly Enlightened
Yes, these were all on high, 400 lms with the 16650 Quark, not Burst.

I made sure to shut off the setting on the phone that holds the "shutter" open to over expose the shot, so I would say they are pretty accurate, or even a little dimmer than real life when it comes to the spill. The tint is pretty accurate, maybe slightly more yellow on screen against the white garage siding than reality.

I am glad these were helpful for you guys! Like I said, I really am super pleased with this light, which is tough to do at this price point with a handful of $300+ lights around to compare it to!

I have that light and the beamshots are very representative of the lights actual real life performance.
Nice work. I live one state to the west and we got 8" of snow.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have that light and the beamshots are very representative of the lights actual real life performance.
Nice work. I live one state to the west and we got 8" of snow.
We had 10" of snow cover, now none.
I agree 100%. This special batch of Blue Quarks have the Nichia 319A in a perfect tint.
It's like having a custom built $300 light!

nbp

Flashaholic
I would be almost curious to grab one of the black ones just to compare. Slightly cooler, which I don't mind actually. I don't prefer very warm tints and would almost never go warmer than 4000k. The blue Quark is perhaps more pleasing than I even expected.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be almost curious to grab one of the black ones just to compare. Slightly cooler, which I don't mind actually. I don't prefer very warm tints and would almost never go warmer than 4000k. The blue Quark is perhaps more pleasing than I even expected.
My Mom passed this week :(.
I'll try and do a comparison to the Black MKIII's for You.
GL

nbp

Flashaholic
My sympathies friend. :( Family first, go take care of loved ones. There's nothing here that can't wait.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
My sympathies friend. :( Family first, go take care of loved ones. There's nothing here that can't wait.

+1. Sorry to hear about that. My cousin had an aneurysm and it's not looking good. We can't even go to see him.

nbp

Flashaholic
Got my deep carry clip today. It's a game changer. Haha. No, but it is a lot better. A lot. This should come with the light or be recommended when buying one. Carries deep and secure.

Also, why wasn't there more fanfare around these new Quark Mk III when they came out? A year ago already, and I feel like I didn't know much about them until I saw the blue ones and got excited about looking into them. I think what I really like is it is a great cross between ~2010 era nostalgia and 2020 tech. You can have a simple, easy to use two mode tail clicky light like the L2T and TK20 and other lights we cut our teeth on and loved, but ALSO have the ability to select a slightly different mode group that suits your needs and a beam quality we only dreamed of a decade ago. It makes me feel like a young flashaholic getting a sweet Fenix again only I'm not annoyed by the bad tint and rings anymore. Haha

The Quark Mk III is the kind of light that you can give to a non-flashaholic as it is simple to use for almost anyone but also feel good about giving it to them and it might just help them see what a great emitter with lovely tint and excellent beam quality can look like. It could convert some folks.

Anyways, I dunno why I've been going on about this light so much the last few days, but I guess I like it. Hahaha. Quite a few days I've had a McGizmo or BOSS or Okluma or HDS in one pocket and the Quark in the other. I think that says something.