Question about 1b tint on Romisen RC-G2 II XP-G R 5

Wurkkos

soulweeper

Newly Enlightened
I'm leaning towards buying the Romisen RC-G2 II Cree XP-G R5, and I'm new to all this, and in fact, it will be my first LED light. So, what does 1b tint mean? The guy at shiningbeam said it's premium cool tint, but what can I compare it to? I like the bright, sort of bluish light, as opposed to real creamy light. In my garage, I have fluorescent lights that are 4100k, and they are almost a little creamy for me.....almost. If that is anything to gauge it by, how would this 1b tint be, by comparison?

Thanks!

Sales link removed - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

kreisler

Banned
soulweeper, you wanna use Alkaline, eneloop or 14500's in a torch?

afaik you cannot use 14500's in sb's Romisen RC-G2. but you can in DX's Romisen RC-29 (or check ebay for "Romisen RC-29A"). RC-G2 is the lil bro' and RC-29 is the bigger bro'.

anyway. this thread should be in the budget light section. lol

soulweeper

Newly Enlightened
soulweeper, you wanna use Alkaline, eneloop or 14500's in a torch?

afaik you cannot use 14500's in sb's Romisen RC-G2. but you can in DX's Romisen RC-29 (or check ebay for "Romisen RC-29A"). RC-G2 is the lil bro' and RC-29 is the bigger bro'.

anyway. this thread should be in the budget light section. lol
The light I was referring to in my first post uses a single AA, so I'm not sure what you were asking. :)

soulweeper

Newly Enlightened
hehe. i was inferring that you should get the Romisen RC-29 instead of the RC-G2. hehe ;)
Ah.......gotcha! Ya know, I was about to get the Maglite, and most likely would have been ecstatic, but then I found this site. I have an addictive personality, I love "toys", and my OCD has kicked in. This place is dangerous!

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Cree binning link above didn't work for me but the 1B tint is just above 6500k......almost a little too blue for me. I have Shiningbeam's RC-G2 with a R4 and 3D tint which is around 4850k and I really like it. R4 rated at 130 lm per 350mA while the R5 is rated at 139 lm per 350mA so not too much difference in brightness.

My brother-in-law's stop and waste valve broke today and we worked into the dark to replace it. I had the RC-G2 out there and it lit up the hole real nice. The neighbor boy came out with a 3D mag that had some type of aftermarket 3 led arrangement and you couldn't even see his beam when the RC-G2 was on. Then he said he was going home to get a brighter flashlight and came back with a cheap multi-led 5mm type of light that had a very strong blue and still not very bright. It was kind of funny but a good kid for wanting to help out.

kreisler

Banned
I was about to get the Maglite, and most likely would have been ecstatic
haha. then you probably have no clue about rechargeable 3.7V cells, like Li-Ion, huh? :naughty:
the 14500's have the same size as the AA's (Alkaline, eneloop, Lithium primary, Energizer, etc.).

Since you're coming from the Maclight .. i suggest you spend much more time dwelling on CPF and even better BLF to gather some purchase ideas.

welcome to your new addiction! :devil:

Romisen RC-G2 is an excellent safe and conservative choice (because it runs on 1.5V only); no doubt one of the most popular Romisen models.

Last edited:

soulweeper

Newly Enlightened
haha. then you probably have no clue about rechargeable 3.7V cells, like Li-Ion, huh? :naughty:
the 14500's have the same size as the AA's (Alkaline, eneloop, Lithium primary, Energizer, etc.).

Well, the last couple days I've been learning a little, and that's what feeds my OCD, lol! A few of these flashlights I've looked at that are a mere 4 inches long putting 300-400 lumens on one little(fairly expensive) battery is pretty amazing to me. This a can of worms I didn't set out to open, haha!

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, that's the one. I think there might be a model in gray too. I've also noticed that the R4 versions tend to sell out faster than the R5.

I should also add that there is nothing fancy about this light being that it is just a one-mode light. But for the price and knowing that you can use this light without too much worry if you lose it. It's worth it. The brightness is about the same as the Olight T15 but run time is slightly longer on Olight (100 minutes). Still its the light I grab when I have to do something where there is risk that it could get damaged, dropped, etc. I get 80 minutes run-time out of a freshly charged Eneloop, with brighness the same as the Olight according to my light meter.

Last edited:

kreisler

Banned

afaik we're not allowed to post any links to manufacturer websites (e.g. homepage of Jetbeam) or to dealer websites (e.g. homepage of DX). but i am not so sure about this. The Shiningbeam Romisen is considerably different from the DX Romisen. Both are "pre-modded" versions since the very original Romisen was a 1-mode version with the XP-E Q5 emitter.

Compare the specs with this one, i love this:

[link deleted - DM51]http://www.dealextreme.com/p/romise...-led-flashlight-with-strap-1-aa-1-14500-50679

Last edited by a moderator:

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
ANSIcoolwhitecolour.jpg

Mike_TX

Enlightened
You guys got me interested in the RC-G2, and I ordered one. I have a 1xAA LED light that's pretty weak, and I wanted one with some horsepower to augment my collection of 18650 and 3xAAA lights. I always have a bunch of AA's around, so it's a nice backup to have lights that run on these primaries.

As with my other Romisen products, this thing is nicely-constructed and finished, and the output from the XR-E is impressive for a light powered by a single AA. Glad I read this thread!