Question about a new De.Power DP-024AACR Flashlight

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up this light and my first impressions of it are good. It is made by a German company called De.power and seems very well made. The light is a simple two mode interface with no annoying disco convulsion creating strobe! It is one of those lights that is designed to use either one CR123 (271 lumens high, 35 low) or one AA (101 lumens high, 24 low). Here is my question.....like a lot of items these days, it did not come with very thorough specifications. I was just wondering what the chances are that this thing will run on either 3.7v 14550 or a 3.2v LifePO4 cell. A fresh CR123 is bit over 3.1v so I am guessing the LifePO4 cell will work fine. My LifePO4's test at about 3.4v. Using the 14550 seems to be the biggest risk since they are around 4.2v off the charger. The light packaging just says it has a Cree LED , but does not say what type. I cannot post a picture of the light right now, but a Google search will bring up more info if you need it. It is one of your larger single AA lights, which I prefer, and I would really prefer not to blow it up on day 1!! ;p). Does anybody have any thoughts on this, or better yet, does anybody else own this model?

ronemca

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up this light...<snip> Does anybody have any thoughts on this, or better yet, does anybody else own this model?
I too would be interested in this information. I ordered the 2 x AA model (which in pictures does NOT appear to have a barrel extension, btw) and I am curious to learn of other battery options. TIA