Question about bulbs and such!!

Mugrunty

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I've been reading on this forum for some time now becuase its awesome and amazing at the same time. Anyway, I finally decided to register so I could ask some questions:

I have this Garrity 1 million cp flashlight that uses a 6 volt 55 watt Halogen bulb. I thought this was insanly bright and fun to use in the woods.
I then saw a new flashlight in Harbor freight that was 10,000,000 cp. It was massive and huge and could power 12v devices through its "car" port.
I found out after i got it, that it really isnt that much brighter than my 1,000,000. I was kind of sad, becase i was expecting face melting power out of it. The bulb in this baby is a 100/90 watt H4 Halogen bulb. This post is getting pretty long, but why is this massive bulb not that much brighter than my other 55 watt one. Is it like wasting power? The only thing i noticed was that the bulb was much bigger in size, and had a blue tint to it (giving it a whiter light). I also put an amp-meter in series with it to see what the real wattage was and it was really only about 75. K well anyway, just thought that was weird.:grin2:

Edit: By the way, you think replacing the bulb with a newer one or different brand would up the ante a little???

Last edited:

NAW

Enlightened
Hi,

I'm assuming the light you got was this here?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93255

Did you completley charge it? These kind of spotlights don't come fully charged. If it is completley charged then I think that this certain brand 10MCP spotlight may be kind of junk. The Thor spotlights which are 10MCP and 15MCP are good lights to consider.

Last edited:

Mugrunty

Newly Enlightened
Yup, It's fully charged. It has a 12v 7Ah battery and yup. I plug a 120v intverter into the 12vDC socket so i can have a battery powered 120 volt plug. Its really pretty cool. Ill have to test it outside sometime. Ive been stuck in my dorm for a while and it would look kinda funny shooting it around campus with a massivly huge flashlight. I just dont understand how i isnt that massivly bright. I mean its bright, but not 10x as bright as my 1 million cp light.