Question about different ZL models

JordyC

Newly Enlightened
Hey all!

I'm a little overwhelmed by the number of models ZebraLight offers. Their website lists no less than (8) H600 models plus an additional (3) H604 models! Can someone briefly describe what is different about them?

Ultimately, I think I want the most "general purpose" model. I use headlamps for camping, rock climbing, and alpine route finding. Battery life, power, and ease of use are important to me. It needs to have a good high power mode (alpine route finding), but also good medium (on a rock route) and lower light options (reading in the tent). Must be able to fit over a helmet. A red light mode would be a bonus.

Can someone help me find my Goldilocks light? Or at least clear up what the different models mean a bit? Much thanks everyone!

Last edited:

JordyC

Newly Enlightened
Very helpful! My first impression is that these headlamps are much more similar than they are different. One review site (OutdoorGearLab) that skews toward climbing gear chose the H600w as its best. That seems to align with the idea that you should choose a spot style light because you can always diffuse it and make it more floody later. Would you agree with that? Given what I said above, does the H600w seem like a good choice?

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have both a h600d and a h604c (i am a sucker for high cri)

and i find the h600 style of light to be better than the h604 style for both closeup as well as distant illumination tasks.

so in the house... h604, and, both in the house and outside... the h600.

WDR65

Enlightened
Very helpful! My first impression is that these headlamps are much more similar than they are different. One review site (OutdoorGearLab) that skews toward climbing gear chose the H600w as its best. That seems to align with the idea that you should choose a spot style light because you can always diffuse it and make it more floody later. Would you agree with that? Given what I said above, does the H600w seem like a good choice?

I have the H600w MK II and the H600wf MK III. If I'm on the water where it's misty I use the MK II but for most other applications I use the MK III. The flood models have decent throw at high outputs and if I need to see further I typically carry a flashlight with decent throw.