Question about the Maxpedition Fatboy

iamdrchic

Newly Enlightened
Hi- new here. I just received the Maxpedition Fatboy that I ordered and am quite confused... does anyone have any experience with the Fatboy? What are the velcro strips on the outside of the front flap for? How does the "weather proofing" drawstring thing work?? What is the velcro inside the one zippered pocket for?

I love this bag! I just don't know what the heck these "extras" are for!

Thanks,
iamdrchic

Alexi*

Newly Enlightened
there is a forum section for this. I think you will get better responce posting there.

Empath

Flashaholic
Moved to the LED forum

Correction: moved to the Beyond Flashlights Other forum

Last edited:

iamdrchic

Newly Enlightened
Thanks- I wasn't sure where to post that question. I'll try to go find the right forum!

iamdrchic

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
some accessories can be afixed (and easily, though not silently removed) via velcro instead of a couple of types of clips (one example being MALICE clips) which are used to attach accessories to any webbing. that might be on the pack.

Last edited:

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
What are the Velcro strips on the outside of the front flap for?

It is so that you can place patches or name tape on it for example a USA flag patch.

How does the "weather proofing" drawstring thing work??

You will notice when you close the main flap that it does not seal the main pocket completely and has a few areas where rain could get in. this just help to cover those areas, and it help to insure that nothing falls out when it is being worn or not worn.

What is the Velcro inside the one zippered pocket for?

If you have a look on the Maxpedition's website you will find an accessory called (I think) "CCW Holster" which Velcros into that pocket to hold your weapon.

Hope this helped.

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
It is so that you can place patches or name tape on it for example a USA flag patch.

You will notice when you close the main flap that it does not seal the main pocket completely and has a few areas where rain could get in. this just help to cover those areas, and it help to insure that nothing falls out when it is being worn or not worn.

If you have a look on the Maxpedition's website you will find an accessory called (I think) "CCW Holster" which Velcros into that pocket to hold your weapon.

Hope this helped.

+1 everything he said. I love the patch holder velcro, I soemtimes use my fatboy to carry first aid kits and medicine so I put red cross on the velcro.