Question about USPS status

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got sent a package from England and noticed it hasn't moved for a few days, I am wondering what does this status mean:

"Status: Inbound International Arrival
Your item arrived in the United States at ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 10:16 PM on August 6, 2008. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

Anyone else has had experience with this? When will I get my package?

Thanks!
AlexGT

m16a

Enlightened
I got sent a package from England and noticed it hasn't moved for a few days, I am wondering what does this status mean:

"Status: Inbound International Arrival
Your item arrived in the United States at ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 10:16 PM on August 6, 2008. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

Anyone else has had experience with this? When will I get my package?

Thanks!
AlexGT

They won't update it unless it gets somewhere really important. Such as a sorting facility. I've had packages coming from across the country say the same thing for a few days then have the next update say its in Philly.
Nothing to worry about IMHO:thumbsup:

Retinator

Enlightened
If they're anything like Canada post, web updates are laughable.

Once I actually receive the item, it takes 1 or 2 more days until the site is updated to say (he got it!).:ohgeez:

Unless something takes forever or gets lost (thankfully not yet), I don't worry about it.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check the status now and see what it says. I've had packages from u.s. that still say "shipping information received" after I had received it.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they're anything like Canada post, web updates are laughable.
Depends on the item and where it comes from.

My order from DX showed up in Canada Post's system the day it landed in Canada, which was 1 day after it left Hong Kong (that still amazes me). Once I picked it up at the post office, it was updated almost immediately.

The USPS "tracking" for my order from batttery junction, well that's a whole different matter. It still says that the USPS received a notification to expect the package...I received the package 8 days after the notification was sent, and that was 13 days ago :whistle:

Last edited:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
It means the 'customs boys' are playing with your light and trying to decide if they want to risk keeping it. At this point it's a coin toss as to whether you'll ever see it. :poke:

Just razzing you of course - I've seen things sit for a couple days in New York quite often when coming from outside U.S.