Question to Makai owners

Wurkkos

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't do it in a jeans pocket. But surely it is not impossible with larger pockets.
I have known of people edcing wildcats with a MD3 with no issues.
It really depends on what you are comfortable with. I am sure you have come across people that have a load of stuff in their pockets.

Makai is larger than a Haiku but not that much bigger than a Lunasol 27.

DTF

Enlightened
Not in my pocket. The Makai is my outdoor/dog light and so it is always strapped to my arm using a McGizmo coiled tether. That way, it is always ready to go to work.

In my pocket, at all times, is a Haiku 3V XML.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
I edc'ed my Makai for about 2 months when it was a little colder and I was wearing a jacket. There was no way it would have fitted in my pants' pockets, and I don't want to hang it off my belt.

Now that it's summer time and I don't wear a jacket, I have no where to put it so the Makai has been sitting at home on my shelf

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I think it is too big, but it sure is a nice light to go out walking with or just about any other outdoor pursuit where you need illumination at a distance.

eala

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I had it , I did carry in my jacket pocket. Was a bit too big for pocket carry.
Sold it, carry either a Haiku or SPY now.
For me , the throw was a specific carry light, rather than an EDC.
Very nice light though

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Makai with a 3S 1X123 pak may make it more manageable. You can even mate the 1xAA with it too.

y8azy7eh.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts