Questions about ZebraLight H60 battery compatibility.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there some way to use CR123A primaries in the H60? Can some sort of spacer be used? Or is it 18650 or nothing? I would like some sort of emergency option for when power is not available for recharging. This is the only thing really holding me back from pulling the trigger on this one.

Do all brands of 18650s fit? I know that some are slightly larger in diameter than others.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even with a spacer a CR123A is a 3v battery, an 18650 is a 3.7v cell (4.2v off the charger) so I'm not sure what would happen with only 3 volts in a H60. When you get the H60 from 4sevens.com it comes with two 18650's. That's a lot of run time for the H60. :)

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even with a spacer a CR123A is a 3v battery, an 18650 is a 3.7v cell (4.2v off the charger) so I'm not sure what would happen with only 3 volts in a H60. When you get the H60 from 4sevens.com it comes with two 18650's. That's a lot of run time for the H60. :)

It might work though. A lot of drivers will function fine with a wide range of input voltages.

What I'm hoping happens is that the light still works, but the software just won't allow the higher brightness levels.

18650 is great and all and I'd probably never use anything else, but I'd hate to be caught in a power outage with only this light and one partially drained 18650. I would really like the option to use primaries for emergency situations.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder eh? A dummy 123a sounds like a perfect spacer if you have one. On Mr. Bulk lionheart that's designed for pila 300 (18500?) the instruction manual say in a pinch use a wad of aluminum foil as spacer to run with 123a.

Last edited:

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder eh? A dummy 123a sounds like a perfect spacer if you have one. On Mr. Bulk lionheart that's designed for pila 300 (18500?) the instruction manual say in a pinch use a wad of aluminum foil as spacer to run with 123a.

I don't have a 23A dummy, but I'm guessing that's not a difficult item to acquire. Sure, in a pinch a wad of aluminum foil should suit the same purpose.

I wrote ZebraLight an email asking them this question. I am awaiting a response.

Have any adventurous H60 owners tried running on a single CR123A primary? If so, what happens?

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh, I don't have mine yet, so somebody else will have to take the plunge. On the plus side there's no chance for damage like trying a rechargeable in light designed for primary.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh, I don't have mine yet, so somebody else will have to take the plunge. On the plus side there's no chance for damage like trying a rechargeable in light designed for primary.

Yea, I doubt it would hurt it. Just might not function properly.

ZebraLight

Enlightened
Is there some way to use CR123A primaries in the H60? Can some sort of spacer be used? Or is it 18650 or nothing? I would like some sort of emergency option for when power is not available for recharging. This is the only thing really holding me back from pulling the trigger on this one.

Do all brands of 18650s fit? I know that some are slightly larger in diameter than others.

You can use CR123A primaries as long as you find a spacer.

Some lager size protected batteries may not fit. The H60 is designed for standard 18650s to keep the size and weight in line with headlamps. The H60 has a discharging protection circuit built in.

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use CR123A primaries as long as you find a spacer.

Some lager size protected batteries may not fit. The H60 is designed for standard 18650s to keep the size and weight in line with headlamps. The H60 has a discharging protection circuit built in.

Yessss!!! :grin2:

Zebralight, you may want to ignore my email then, no sense in answering my question twice.

Thank you very much.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Zebralight. . . .

The protected batteries included with my kit from 7777 dofit, but it is a tight fit. In the future as you improve the product line,it might be good to add an extra millimeter or two so that all protected batteries will fit. THis is especially important on a headlamp where a battey malfunction could be dangerous.

lyyyghtmaster

Newly Enlightened
I'm guessing even a fraction of a millimeter would be enough. Does anyone have any direct experience if AW's IMR cells fit? I presume they do, especially since they're not protected cells, but definite verification would be even better. :thumbsup:

dakiyama

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know which AW 18650's can fit in the H60? I read earlier that the 2200mAH may fit, but how about the 2900mAH and other sizes. Has anyone had any luck with any of the Redilast 18650's?

Thanks.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know which AW 18650's can fit in the H60? I read earlier that the 2200mAH may fit, but how about the 2900mAH and other sizes. Has anyone had any luck with any of the Redilast 18650's?

Thanks.

My old AW18650 2200 flat top works fine with H60 but some claimed the later version of AW18650 doesn't.

Rediliast 18650 is too long for H60 while it works fine with SC60. In order not to carry different spare cells for these 2 lights when traveling, I now use Panasonic NCR18650 (non-protected) that fits both lights very well.

Alan