Quick Disconnect Keyring

seanflash

Newly Enlightened
On day two now with my LOD-CE Q4 on my keyring. Very sleek and powerful. Looking to see if anyone can recommend a strong/durable quick disconnect that will work well with the LOD on my keyring.
I am looking to have the ability to remove it quickly but want something reliable and small if possible. Thanks for any leads.

bltkmt

Enlightened

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another big fan of the McGizmo/Berkeley Point clips, I've been using the SS ones for years and have added a few titanium ones lately to my rotation as well. You have to be careful with the smaller sizes though, I lost an ARC AAA when it came unclipped from my keyring when attached with a Pico clip. The smallest I use now is the Nano size (20mm) and I've even had those come unclipped when attached to a really thin keyring like the CountyComm cable ring. With a thicker ring like the BP triangle link or a larger split ring it has never been a problem, and the Mini and Micro clips have always performed well. I've got 6-8 of them in use daily and a bunch more that see occasional use.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
+1 for the McGizmo Titanium Micro Clip, direct link: http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/product_info.php?products_id=1063

I used the coupling-type fob for many years until I discovered the above clip; the McGizmo is several times lighter (feels almost like hollow aluminium) and makes the overall length of your keychain several times shorter than the coupler. It's a perfect match for anything lightweight and resilient on your keychain, even better if used in conjunction with McGizmo's titanium split rings.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The thing in your pic is kinda cool. The problematic vendor no longer carries them it seems...where else might you find one?

heres the exact one i got in medium ,called Mammut Modular zweibruder "direct from site " im not sure where to get from though try google search and sift through , i stumbled upon a site but lost it

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a lot of the 'mini' and 'micro' clips but second the comment -- the two smaller sizes can easily lose what's attached to them if it rotates and pushes the spring in, whatever does that will then fall right out.

This happens in purses and bags and pockets more often than when they're supporting weight, but I've lost things just when sitting down lifts the object and turns it so it opens the clip and falls off.

This isn't unique to those, it's a common failing with any non-locking 'carabiner' and regularly demonstrated in rock climbing and para- and hang-gliding classes by just slightly slacking the weight on a clip, turning whatever's attached 180 degrees, and pulling.

The mini clips are very handy, but I'm staying with the largest size for any further purchases -- until someone (hint, hint) redesigns them or offers a replacement wire spring that is a _lot_ stronger holding closed.

---
The little Victorinox stainless steel pendants are out of stock at the link; but I'd say stainless is worth getting. I've used the little plated brass type commonly available too, and over time they can wear down so they don't stay closed quite as well.

And I found out that any plastic type clip will lose its plasticizer over time and get unreliable. Steel springs rust out.

Gravity always works.