r/c cars

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, like I said in my previous post, my E-Maxx has been doing well despite it being heavier than the T-Maxxes that I have had and it seems like a miracle that it has been as tough as it has been. These have all been earlier models, not the newest grey plastic ones, too. I almost gave up on Traxxas products altogether except that the Revo was such a great design and I heard all kinds of good things about it so I bought one as did my brother and a buddy. My brother ran a modified RB Concepts C4 big block race engine that made probably 3HP before he modified it and that thing was insane and he drove it like he wanted to break it and he rarely did. I ran a much milder big block engine in mine and I never broke anything other than engine mounts from landing upside-down a few times. I liked it so much that I converted it into an E-Revo, which is a more expensive way than selling my existing Revo and buying a new E-Revo but I was committed to this truck. I have not run my converted truck, yet, having found flashlights but my brother had done the same thing and he ran the combo listed above on 3S2P Li-Po batteries with the results that you see in the video I linked to above.

My point is that each company makes duds and some nice products. No, they're not perfect, but they are what they are: expensive toys that are fun to play with. I'd say sell the E-Maxx and get an E-Revo, preferrably the brushless version. You will enjoy it much more than the E-Maxx. It's lower, has a much better suspension, stronger components, etc. Maybe get the 1/16 scale brushless E-Revo.

As an aside, HarryN, I can bring my E-Revo to the next Bay Area GTG and let you play with it. I'll need to get a motor and some battery packs but I'll see what I can do.

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love to have a revo

electric is fun and fast but there is something about nitro

I would love to have a car with brakes on all 4 wheels

ya that ferari model is pretty insane - did he build it 15 years ago ?

I thought it took 15 years to build.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
PCC, that sounds great to see yours, that way we can compare notes and perhaps figure out why the failure rates are so different. I will be really curious to see how you have avoided breaking the tie rods and the little tiny tabs that connect the front assy to the main frame deck. :shrug:

The reason we bought the e-maxx was that it was 4wd and had high ground clearance.

If we get serious about it, I will just make an entirely new, once piece frame, swap it down to one motor instead of the twins, and belt drive the connection to the drive shaft. That will eliminate a lot of fragile parts right there. At that point though, there won't be much original e-maxx left.

Last edited: