Radio for Dad...

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
*Sigh* It's a lot harder finding a radio with the size and features you want these days as opposed to the 80's.

indeed it is...

while still waiting (to arrive at local Sony dealer) for my Sony [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] ICF-SW7600GRS[/FONT] I had got for my dad Sony[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] ICF-J40[/FONT] my dad listens to it daily and is loving it.

Eton E5 is very difficult to get ...no one (major online such as amazon) willing to ship to this part of world!... and no local dealers :(

Unforgiven

Administrator
Is there any difference between the ICF-SW7600GRS and the ICF-SW7600GR? If so, is it worth getting the "S" version?

The power outage we had here a few weeks back peaked my interest in SW again and I've been poring through the reviews once more.

I recently bought a ICF-SW7600GR to compare to my KA1103 and other than the Sony's audio sounding a bit better, they seem to perform close to the same. The Sony is just a tiny (very tiny) bit better on FM broadcast. The Kaito gets used more because it is just a bit smaller. I don't need them both so the Sony will likely be the one to be sold.

Unforgiven

Administrator
The GR does have SSB. I have been unable to find any information on the differences if any.

The first 3 images are quite large and are thumb nailed. Click to get more detailed sized image.

This image below is the same as on the Sony site advertising the ICF-SW7600GRS. It also has "GR" on the radio. :shrug:

icfsw7600grshr6.jpg

Perhaps the "S" has something to do with marketing in different parts of the world?

cobalt

Newly Enlightened
Same radio, but I think "GRS" is used for Africa and the Middle East, and maybe even other areas as well.

Latest posts