raggies random remarks ....

Monocrom

Flashaholic
No need to rent out every room in the house, except one bedroom.
Renting out one room can easily bring in around an extra $800 a month. Maybe a bit more. I'd recommend renting out to an elderly gentleman, if possible. Last thing you want is a boarder who is physically dangerous or capable of robbing you blind the very first time you ride on over to the covenience store for a quart of milk or a newspaper.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Where is the one-room tenant expected to store his/her food and prepare it? Where is the one-room tenant expected to bathe and facilitate their bodily functions? 🤔
Those details are worked out by the two parties involved. In some cases, a mini fridge and hot-plate allowed in the room. With either a shower schedule, and other uses of the bathroom as needed. Sometimes use of the kitchen at certain hours. In other cases, the "room" is a furnished basement with a kitchen, bathroom, and a living space shared with a bed. (Those tend to be almost as expensive to rent as an apartment.)

In some cases, the furnished basement apartment even has an outside entrance/exit. No need to even see the homeowner unless there's a serious issue or the first of the month rolls around.

About 12 years ago, co-worker was looking for a room to rent. $500 a month was his budget in NYC. I asked him what he could get for that. His response?.... A place to sleep. Bed usually optional! He wasn't kidding either. Access to nothing expect the toilet when needed. Shower? That was when his monthly gym membership came in handy. Mini fridge but no hot-plate. Again, those details get worked out before a boarder moves in and starts paying rent.

Becoming a landlord is not to be entered into haphazardly. Lawfully, tenants possess all the rights, while landlords must seek legal remedy if things go wrong. That legal remedy is going to cost you thousands of dollars and probably four to six months of 24/7 misery to have a squatter removed. Any understanding/agreement between the landlord and the tenant is worthless the day the tenant establishes residency. How is it to be enforced? The police will not help you. They'll tell you - "It's a civil matter. You need to hire an attorney."

Conduct an internet search on squatter's rights - https://learn.eforms.com/real-estate/squatters-rights/

Renting out a room = Crazy talk.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Going to just keep my motorcycle she has been so good I'll pass 140000 Miles this month

raggie33

*the raggedier*
A guy wanted to trade me his Suzuki 2005 1350 cc bike for it and he was going to throw in like 1100 bucks but I hate big old bike lol it don't make much more power then my 500 lol

raggie33

*the raggedier*
The bike I almost bought was just 400 cc but overseas and I think if you mod the ones we get mamnkes it have 80 hp lol. That's a lot for 400 cc

Poppy

Flashaholic
Motorcycle advice I still have my 2023 rebel 500 she runs like a top should I keep her? I could use the money and I still have my ebike to get around unless I need to go to a real town. So should I sell it or keep it? Also should I have basic insurance on her or full coverage basic is 75 a year the full stuff is like 575 a year
@raggie33
She is only a year old and you put 14,000 miles on her. You are certainly getting your use out of her.

Did you pay cash for it, or are you making payments on it? If you are making payments, are they large enough that they are causing you to struggle?

Regarding the guy who wants to offer you a swap plus some cash, we need more information to help you decide if it is a deal for you. Again... do you owe money on your bike?

Regarding insurance. Full coverage is a necessity if you are paying the bike off.
If you crashed it, and totaled it, you'd still have to pay off the note on the bike, despite the fact that you couldn't ride it.

Regarding basic coverage: years ago, in NJ, basic coverage did not include PIP Personal Injury Protection Coverage. In other words there was NO Medical Coverage for injuries. It was only liability coverage. IOW to pay for damages that you caused, to other people or their property.
Medical care was not included.

Buyer beware.

The difference between basic coverage and full coverage is $41 a month. $500 a year. You can make up that difference by getting a grip on your impulse spending.

Other's have suggested creating a little side job, or part time work. Minimum wage is $15 an hour.

Someone here suggested renting a room for $800 a month! That MIGHT work in NYC, but certainly not in Western Georgia. I hear that hot_bedding in NYC is a thing. People rent a bed, in 8 hour shifts, to be shared by other strangers, like they do on submarines. You and I both know that you would not be comfortable with some stranger living in your house.

Maybe you can get a job at Walmart?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Bike is payed for soon as I sold last home I went and bought this bike. I wanted one for years and years but just couldn't afford one my last home was nice buy omg it took all my money so I sold home then bought this bike. She runs so good omg so fast most my life I walked every where I'm sick a walking lol.

..... most my life I walked every where ....

Image.jpg

Latest posts