RARE MAGLITES

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
congratulates Icarus. Beautiful, gold Maglite with two batteries. Almost perfect. Happy New Year 🍾🔦
Very nice picture! It looks like new too. (y) :clap:

I have several different colour 2C's including a gold one so I was pretty sure it was a 2C.
Mine has a slightly lower serial number 23826398.

fidusinski

Newly Enlightened
Very nice picture! It looks like new too. (y) :clap:

I have several different colour 2C's including a gold one so I was pretty sure it was a 2C.
Mine has a slightly lower serial number 23826398.
Thank you for your support. I managed to buy two more interesting Maglites and I am curious what they look like and if one of them is Jade Mag. Worse news, this place is ending and I have to plan some expositions for my little collection, because so far I do not have 🙂

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for your support. I managed to buy two more interesting Maglites and I am curious what they look like and if one of them is Jade Mag. Worse news, this place is ending and I have to plan some expositions for my little collection, because so far I do not have 🙂
If one of them is a Jade Maglite then it must be a 2D, 3D or 4D. The Jade 3D is most common (at least in my collection :)). As far as I know there are no Jade MagC's.

fidusinski

Newly Enlightened
Today unpacked. Unfortunately, the color of Jadge is still missing 😁 However, the first one from the right is shimmer blue - also a rare color

Attachments

• IMG_20220116_135154.jpg
    IMG_20220116_135154.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 20

fidusinski

Newly Enlightened
How do you think, because I'm not sure if these two maglites in shades of blue are Midnight blue and shimmer blue?

Attachments

• IMG_20220117_194223.jpg
    IMG_20220117_194223.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 15

turbodog

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you think, because I'm not sure if these two maglites in shades of blue are Midnight blue and shimmer blue?

They appear to be regular blue and shimmer blue.

You can compare to the colors in my minimag thread...

Midnight blue is top picture, top row, far right.

Even on stock colors, there is significant tint variance sometimes.

turbodog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Discerning the subtle difference between some of the colors is hard. Your camera may have taken a good photo, but if my monitors are not displaying the picture accurately I won't see what you see.

Shimmer blue, if I recall correctly, is top picture, bottom row, 2nd from left. I put labels inside the lights years ago.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do these 7D Mags get more exciting the lower the number gets? Does 70001301 mean it was the 1301th unit manufactured? Mine looks pretty rough, and I think its not working. One other question I had was, should I try restoring it or like old coins, is it better to leave it rough and dirty?
It is definitely a low number. Mine has serial# 70008698 and according to Maglite it was manufactured in April 1981.