RARE MAGLITES

TwiceFuzed

Newly Enlightened
My well used, but fairly uncommon 3AA mini maglite. I have had 2 of these, I lost the first right after I got it and bought another one soon after.
http://maglitehistory.blogspot.com/2018/07/2006-3aa-led-mini-maglite.html
There are a few of these NIB on eBay for $130-150 USD.
My local Walmart used to carry these. I'm not sure when I bought it, but the site I linked above says they might have been produced between 2003 and 2006? On 3 nimh rechargeables it is a pretty good light. I still carry it sometimes.
3-AA-mini-maglite.jpg

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Vari-Beam 5 Cell just popped up on the auction site. How rare are these?

Is it the black and silver one? If so they are a lot less desirable than the blue and silver ones. These are tough to tell if they were made by a dealer or done by an owner afterwards of spare parts. For instance I can make a 7C black Vari-beam with parts from one of my blue and silver ones and even though Mag never made it I could claim it as being very rare. I have a few of the black /silver ones and they're cool, I like them but they're not as sought after as the blue and silver ones. I've even seen folks make red and silver, silver and silver ones too.

Yates

Newly Enlightened
Could anyone explain why a letter serial 6C would be at 598xxx while some non letter serial 6C lights I've seen, are in the 616xxx - 619xxx number range.

Surely the last ones would be the letter serials, no?

Yates

Newly Enlightened
Not sure this belongs here, but a friend in Japan sent me some pics of his Maglite 16C.

Of course, it uses barrel extenders or whatever you want to call them, but this is a long light.

Base light is a 4C, total length 81.5 cm, and 150 lumens LED

Enjoy the pics!

9WvuxCR.jpg

fZgmpGn.jpg

i9xfgmw.jpg

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure this belongs here, but a friend in Japan sent me some pics of his Maglite 16C.

Of course, it uses barrel extenders or whatever you want to call them, but this is a long light.

Base light is a 4C, total length 81.5 cm, and 150 lumens LED

Enjoy the pics!

Very awesome!! That's 32" for those across the pond! The longest light I could every find was the BTL-26 Kel-Lite baton light. It has a spacer in it to knock it down to 5 cells but without it it would have been a 14C.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question for LiftdT4R (or anyone who knows), when did Mag start putting the raised Panther logo on the rubber switch covers?

My 3C xenon Mag I got recently has this but a 2D LED I got in 2019 does not.

BTW, I saw on your site that your 2020 C cell Mags have the new Maglite bazel marking while mine (purchased from Mag at the very end of 2020) has the old Mag-Lite marking. Mine has a serial in the C32860300 range.

Thanks!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
When I ordered a box of parts for the big head Maglites (52mm) it came with blank switch covers for D lights and (thinner) panther logo switch covers for C lights.

It was a repair kit Maglite used to sell dealers that had switches, lenses, reflectors etc.

din107

Newly Enlightened
Question for LiftdT4R (or anyone who knows), when did Mag start putting the raised Panther logo on the rubber switch covers?
My 3C xenon Mag I got recently has this but a 2D LED I got in 2019 does not.
Since 2001, when C-cells were modernized. These maglites have letter С in serial number and panther rubber button.
D-cell maglites always had rubber button without panther

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since 2001, when C-cells were modernized. These maglites have letter С in serial number and panther rubber button.
D-cell maglites always had rubber button without panther

Thanks Din107, I guess my last C cell incan Mag must have been pre 2001 as I don't remember it having the panther and there is no panther on the ML aeries C cell light switch covers.