RARE MAGLITES

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maglite has midnight blue 2D incans at their site for $15.95.
They also have purple incan 2aaa minimags, coyote tan 2 cell ML300's, crimson red Mag Tac plain and blue shimmer 2aa incan minimags.
Oh and gold 3D classic.
Unless it is the LED version I can't find the gold 3D classic.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
aybMdFl.jpg

Meet my customised spiky Maglite 6D. :p

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Classic LED I mean……
Good point
Thanks for clarifying. (y)

I hope one day they will offer an incan gold 2D or 3D again. I own an incan 2C and a gold LED 3D but couldn't get my hands on an incan gold D size Maglite yet.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Hopefully they will Icarus
I was surprised the ones I mentioned had shown up at their site. Don't know if they just decided to clear some shelves of new old stock or if they have been reproducing some old favorites.
I suspect it's new old stock.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maglite is now again offering the vintage limited edition "Statue of liberty" Mini Maglite Xenon 2AA.

borrower

Enlightened
Lotta long Cs -- well, 5s and 6s -- on everybody's fave auction site at the moment. (No, not mine.)

Yates

Newly Enlightened
Can't seem to find it, but there's a Cadillac set that looks tempting.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Never heard of one. There's a gold plated 2aa minimag. Given the tarnishing tendency of silver... i don't see one getting past the approval to mfg stage.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
There was rumored to be a sterling silver plated Marquis, which is what the Solitaire was named before it was called Solitaire.
Tony Maglica did a small flashlight for his (then) girlfriend and called it Marquis. Rumor has it hers was sterling silver plated.
Marquis was renamed Solitaire after it was discovered the name Marquis was already being used. Maglite actually recalled them and bought back unsold ones from stores. A few hundred got out.

Yates

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all.

I found it on the bay, so probably an aftermarket enhancement.

I'll pass.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Oh, there are after market silver and gold plated Maglites, for sure.

I had a black Marquis for a bit and traded it for a gold plated brass minimag formerly owned by Don Keller then traded that for a gold plated 3aa alluminum Brinkmann Legend owned by Don. It was 1 of 12 made. I still have the Brinkmann.
D74BC6CC-891F-4442-B1D1-B8D344A8D87B.jpeg

Last edited: