RayHom 10000mAh D Cell rechargeable batteries

OttaMattaPia

Newly Enlightened
I have some of these on the way.
Can not find a trust worthy capacity test on these anywhere.

OttaMattaPia

Newly Enlightened
Results are in.

I bought two batches of 4 cells each.

The first batch was a pure joke.....about 5,000mAh (out of supposedly 10,000)
The second batch was "slightly" better at around 7500mAh, but still short of the advertised 10,000

All 8 were returned for a refund not only because of the capacity shortage, but also too many reports of short life.

Perhaps those I received were not authentic? Who knows.

I will not be buying that brand again.

turbodog

Flashaholic
How many cycles did you run them before checking capacity? Large nimh cells like that would need several full cycles before testing properly.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Most batteries that die early are tortured to death: run down too far in series and forced to undergo reverse charging, allowed to sit too low at low charge levels, etc.

OttaMattaPia

Newly Enlightened
I buy a lot of NiMh cells.

I'm familiar with the cycling requirements. In practice, it is not common for a NiMh to gain more than roughly 15-20% of it's advertised capacity through cycling. That was more the case in the early days of NiMh.

When you get an NiMh cell that checks in at 50% of it's rated capacity after a 2nd cycle, odds are you are never going to get to full advertised capacity.

At least that is my experience.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Still, I would have run some cycles. That size/capacity can't be a good seller... no telling how long they sat around.