Rayovac rechagable at walmart

I bought one for a ten year old kid who is just getting into camping. If he matures into a budding flashaholic I'll get him a "real" light. If he doesn't, then I've only spent $10 to make him excited about his outdoor adventures, for a light that's bright enough at 300 lumens to serve it's purpose at the campsite. And since it's rechargeable, his mom was grateful that her son can use it to his heart's content, without buying him lots and lots of batteries. Under these circumstances, I count this as a win.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Most peeps dont use their lights nearly as often as we do. Get them a pack of Lithiums with the light and Itll likely last them years.
If they don't use the rest of the lithium batteries in other devices and still put alkaleaks in the light that would work out well

Poppy

Flashaholic
So your verdict?
Another "even bad flashlights aint bad these days" flashlight?
LOL... yeah.

I can't comment on dependability, or reliability, especially with the few mentions of failures online. I haven't done a run-time test, so who knows? Considering that many uses of a light is for a few seconds, or a few minutes at a time, even if it has (most likely) a 2200 mah battery, that'll be fine for most uses. Also being able to top it off after use, easily with a USB cable, it should be always ready to go.

I don't find the UI bothersome. It comes on high, and then two quick clicks to off. It is easy enough to jump over the strobe.

I ordered two of those fenix traffic wands, by mistake, so I might pick up another light with the intension of giving it away, the next time a see a traffic cop directing traffic bare handed.

sambob223

Newly Enlightened
My feeling Is If a company Is still pooping out a light that runs only 3 AAA batteries with no option to use an 18650 and having to cycle through all the modes Including strobe to turn It off?...Real life SAW movie comes to mind.
I mean there great to keep a young child amused for a few hours before they get bored leave It on and walk away.

Poppy

Flashaholic
My pair of fenix traffic wands came today size medium AOT-M
Here are a few pictures of how well it fits the Rayovac rechargeable.
I might tighten the head fitment with a little rubber electrical tape, or not. It isn't necessary.

1640626617532.png

1640626640773.png

1640626660222.png

here it is inserted tail first with the wand used as a holster, maybe in the door pocket,

1640626730803.png

bykfixer

Flashaholic
They assembled the thing at some point and probably used a LockTite type epoxy compound to cement parts to it.

I would surmize that if somebody said it has a P60 size module like the Indestructable has somebody here at CPF would crack it open and Malkoff that sucker. And being the way the traffic wand fits it like on your camo Indestructable Poppy it would not surprise me if it did use the same size module being they already have the die(s) for it.

Poppy

Flashaholic
The wand that the rayovac indestructible is in, is different from the Fenix AOT-M. I don't know who manufactured it, but a couple of years ago, when I did a search for it, I couldn't find it. I bought it in a store that sold Police uniforms and gear, many years ago.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I went to WalMart last week and didn't even make it to the flashlight section. Nor the other usual portions of the store I visit. In and out to cookware section where I picked up a sturdy pan to cook the turkey in this Thanksgiving.

Since they've not had the subject of this thread numerous times I figure it would be a waste of steps I have left on my original equipment knees. But next time I need something from the auto section or hardware I'll detour to the flashlights.

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Real easy to break the usb port on these.
A neighbor went through 2 of them and after the second got a refund.
Didnt get a chance to try opening one.
A big FAIL! IMHO.
I gave him a sofirn 21700 triple and an mc1 ant.
Now he has a taste of decent lights and down the rabbit hole!
We often swap around stuff like commercial 2 way gear,firearms,ect.
Just added lights to the mix

Poppy

Flashaholic
Yesterday I was five minutes away from a Walmart, and had thirty minutes to kill. Since I had given away my second one of these Rayovac rechargeables, I thought I would go there and pick one up.

While there I noted that they had a variety of rechargeable lights. Mainely Energizer, and Ozark Trail brands were on the shelf. I didn't try them out, I just don't need another mediocre light. IMO for $10 it's a good giveaway light.