Rechargable Flashlight for Rural Yard Use?

Gemster

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the recommendations. I have some options to look into.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Incredible powerhouse for a rural property. Lights up my acreage like daylight! Wide beam and THROWS too!

Runs on a rechargeable 26650. (I know, not 18650, but this light is well-worth buying a couple of 26650s!). Incredible output for property on acreage.

Emisar D4S v2 26650 High Power LED Flashlight
with Neutral White - XP-L HI V3 3A, 5000K Neutral. $65.00

4,300 lumens. Anduril UI - user interface (I love this.) Side button.

I have a few of these models, and I'm incredibly impressed!

Last edited:

franko

Newly Enlightened
Fenix Flashlight TK25 UV LED Flashlight

always have been a surefire guy, had a couple streamlights but needed the UV for scorpions but i think Fenix is now my go too for crazy bright lights for outdoors use, still use Surefire daily but Fenix is the one i grab when i go outside at night

Gemster

Newly Enlightened
I've already made two recommendations from lights I've enjoyed for years, but this thread got me looking at the newest models, and, I *really* like the Fenix PD40R v2.0 because it's 3000 Lumen and has a spill angle of 65 degrees. It's native 21700, but they include their Alf-18 adapter for 18650's too. I may have to get one for my collection..

Interestingly, said PD40R has a 440m range, compared to 600m for the Olight Warrior X pro 2250, and, if it's range you need most; there's a Warrior X Turbo for 1,000 meters!

Fwiw, my Olight SR52-ut weighs-in at 800 meters. Pick your trade-off between spotting distant things with an aspheric lens and using a bare lightbulb for close-up working; no single light can do it all. YMMV..

Only need a range of 200 feet and don't need to over do it.

Thoraldus

Newly Enlightened
go with the Sofirn, its also rated at 2000LM but im pretty sure its 1000LM, still amazing deal
I have this light and would also recommend it. My guess the output is much closer to 2000LM than 1000LM but only for short periods before things get hot on Turbo. I typically use it at half power most of the time outdoors.

Thoraldus

Newly Enlightened
I also like the Noctigon KR4 for an outdoor light. Easy carry up to 4300LM with the XP-L HI. I got the SST-20 5000K: 4200lm very happy with it. Optional parts are:

• 18350 tube
  • Stainless steel bezel
  • Extra floody optic

WmArnold1

Newly Enlightened
Only need a range of 200 feet and don't need to over do it.
Imho, that clinches the Fenix PD40r; it was the weakest thrower with the widest "walking" beam-width; 65 degrees

Beware of the plethora of floody 80-degree lights; their "wall of light" is so close, it degrades your night vision nearly as badly as a bare lightbulb would. You need a little throw to push your wall of light out a little at night

Note that Ansi throw distance quoted is where the spot is 0.25 lux; which is said to be the light of a full moon. If that's all we needed, we wouldn't need a flashlight most of the time, would we? I.e. you want to throw a lot farther than 200 ft for a useful spot at 200 ft. And, that's Turbo too; It's better to use High/Medium, saving Turbo for "situations"

Last edited:

therock

Newly Enlightened
What ever light you get make sure it has springs on both ends of the battery. Saves the light and battery ends on drops.

Gemster

Newly Enlightened
Imho, that clinches the Fenix PD40r; it was the weakest thrower with the widest "walking" beam-width; 65 degrees

Beware of the plethora of floody 90-degree lights; their "wall of light" is so close, it degrades your night vision nearly as badly as a bare lightbulb would. You need a little throw to push your wall of light out a little at night

Note that Ansi throw distance quoted is where the spot is 0.25 lux; which is said to be the light of a full moon. If that's all we needed, we wouldn't need a flashlight most of the time, would we? I.e. you want to throw a lot farther than 200 ft for a useful spot at 200 ft. And, that's Turbo too; It's better to use High/Medium, saving Turbo for "situations"

Thanks for that. That is exactly why my ZebraLight head light is not useful for that use. It is very nearsighted, but that is what makes it great in the garage repairing things.

WmArnold1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for that. That is exactly why my ZebraLight head light is not useful for that use. It is very nearsighted, but that is what makes it great in the garage repairing things.
Agreed; I've EDC'd a ZebraLight SC600 since 2011 for working on stuff and I don't see anything I like much better for that today. I've wished it was the head light a lot, but OTF works most often for me. Walking around and spotting distant stuff at night is a different league; more throw, more battery

Gemster

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight SC64C LE - hard to beat this great light.

Also, Lumintop FW3A TRIPLE XP-L HI 3D 5000k Neutral. Another great light.
Thanks but both are too small. We have a tendency to misplace things if they don't stand out.