• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Recommend me a Peak

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all,

I have been looking at few posts on Peak torches, I have heard many a good thing about them but there are so many choices im all a bit confused, I hope you dont mind me posting a recommend me post here

I like SS and HA III, I dislike brass

I prefer single cell, most preferably CR123 but wouldnt mind a nice AA

I like warm tinted LED's. dislike green and purple tints,

I would prefer multi output with a really low level, without strobes, not sure if Peak have strobe modes, I might have gotten mixed up with multi outputs too, is it just one output you choose?

I like forward clicky tailcaps but dont mind twisty heads, I dont want a keyring attachment point either

It would also like it to tailstand.

And all for less than $50-$75 tops

I hope that isnt too much to ask, tbh my High Cri RA Twisty does all that already but these Peak torches look pretty and a lot of you guys own them.

carrot

Flashaholic
The best way to order a Peak is to call up and ask. Since you're overseas it might be a bit more difficult.

In any case: try the Peak El Capitan (AA) or Logan (123).

Both use the modern Cree XP-G emitter. You may specify a cool or warm tint. You can also specify a beam shape (narrow, medium, or wide).

They come in SS, HA, Ti, or Brass. You can also mix and match, like an SS head and a HA body.

Most Peaks are not multi-output. I believe there is a multi-position rotary switch in the works or already offered, someone else will probably be able to tell you more.

The aforementioned two models start at $50 and go up depending on the options you select.

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great thanks for the info, gonna have a look at them now.

Ill try emailing Peak, I also noticed that they do UV and cyan leds in their mountain range, I like the look of these.

EDIT where do I find the el capitan and logan, I cant find them on the website

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

fortean101

Newly Enlightened
I emailed peak quite recently about international shipping and bob replied quickly saying they do not do so, would love to know dealers that do the full range and ship internationally

carrot

Flashaholic
Great thanks for the info, gonna have a look at them now.

Ill try emailing Peak, I also noticed that they do UV and cyan leds in their mountain range, I like the look of these.

EDIT where do I find the el capitan and logan, I cant find them on the website
They do not have information about these lights on their website for some reason. However their main dealer does have information about them: http://www.em-mgt.com/LED/MS2.html

I would also suggest considering ordering from Oveready. They can order any style you like and ship it internationally.

fyrstormer

Banned
Basically, Peak can build any light you want; using HA3 aluminum, stainless steel, brass, or a combination of metals; using batteries that are 10mm, 14mm, 16mm, or 18mm wide; using a handful of different emitters depending on specific flashlight model; and using a driver built to whatever power setting you want (within reason). If you don't want a standard model like what Oveready sells, you need to call them and discuss the options with them. A short conversation beats hours of searching for information.

Last edited: