Recommendations on a good throw flashlight

ven

CPF Supporter
Cell wise for high amp 18650,check out the vape sites/shops.Lots on the bay of e from 20A+

just put imr 18650 in on the bay of e and look ,efest along with mnke/keeppower just to name 3:thumbsup:

BigJoeXXL

A standard Armytek Predator 2.5 (non Pro version) is within reach at that price. The Predator is the best throwing single 18650 light that can still fit in your pocket.

Whats the difference between pro and non pro? I also kinda like how the Viking has a slightly wider beam from what I saw on YouTube videos .

Out of the four flashlights predator, Viking, Pro or non pro. Which one would you guys buy?

BigJoeXXL

Check out Mountain Electronics and look for Super XinTD C8 V4 18650 Flashlight. You can chose your modes, power level, and tint (as well as de-dome). If you want your father to go "WOW" get the highest amperage and de-dome option. Over 100k in throw from a pocket size customized XM-L2 light that will set you back about $55.00. Keep in mind that you need to run high output batteries like the SamSung 20r's they are recommending and also sell, flat top as well as button top (the only dealer I know of that sells button top SamSung 20r's). They are out of stock of the light right now, but if you email Richard (owner, modder) he'll contact you when he's made more. I would like to add that Richard is one the best vendor's you will ever deal with.

Edit: He now has the new SamSung 25r's flat and button top.

I do like this!!!! But its Out Of Stock

MBentz

Whats the difference between pro and non pro? I also kinda like how the Viking has a slightly wider beam from what I saw on YouTube videos .

Out of the four flashlights predator, Viking, Pro or non pro. Which one would you guys buy?

The Viking uses the XM-L2 LED vs the XP-G2 in the Predator. Pro versions are totally customizable. Click here for the Predator review, and here for the Viking review.

BigJoeXXL

I have plenty of batteries for him to use (18650) but yeah I definitely don't want to go any higher than $120

ven

CPF Supporter
I have plenty of batteries for him to use (18650) but yeah I definitely don't want to go any higher than $120

I like you Joe:twothumbs my budget starts off low,then before you know it...............:thumbsup:

That is very nice light territory ,but as said you can still get a great light for well under that.
So we are on an 18650 fed light(presuming single cell light)
Check some fenix/armytek/thrunite/nitecore lights out,look on their sites but dont go 100% of their prices as can always be found cheaper:thumbsup:
In other words there may be a perfect $150 light,little searching may find it for $100 easy;)

Way we are going you will be getting a tk75 or tk61 soon:twothumbs and the tk75 will certainly make your dad happy,as its awesome flood and throw,this is $30ish more than your budget now...........

I am enjoying this thread,if multi cell lights are not ruled out there is a new thrunite tn35 as well...........again just above budget.

Depends where you call it a day but they are all within reach:thumbsup:

Other than that look at the fenix tk range,the tk35 kicks butt and takes 2 x 18650,or still go for the armytek predator(or viking)

Good luck,just so much choice...........

BigJoeXXL

Man you guys have done a wonderful job of giving me so many amazing choices. Thank you. :) The TK 75 looks pretty impressive. But the Thrunite*TN35* does as well. I'm really not sure which of the two I like better...

My budget always goes up on the original post. Whenever I was doing my research for a subwoofer for my home theater on AVS forum. My budget what's $500 on the original post and ended up spending $850. Lol

BigJoeXXL

Yeah I don't know what happened to the budget... lol. I'm not necessarily sold yet on the TK75. But I do kinda like it

Latest posts