red/orange LS?

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone have both the red and the red/orange?

I have the red HD, but I'm wondering if the red/orange is really that much brighter, and also whether it looks too orangy.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Lux Luthor...

Lambda is right. I have both the red LS and the red/orange HD LS. The red/orange is brighter, but to my eye it seems a little more "red" than just a regular orange color. Hence the name, I guess.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update,

I've had the red/orange for the last week and have made side by side comparisons to the red. When shined at a white wall, I would say the red/orange is about 25% brighter.

However, when used to shine at miscellaneous objects, the additional yellow in the red/orange makes objects appear a lot brighter (i.e. most objects reflect yellow better than red). In fact, while testing in the woods, I would say it appears close to twice as bright.

Get the red/orange unless you need a straight red color. It's much brighter. The color is slanted towards red a bit, but it's more orange than red. It looks a lot like the setting Sun.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
The bottom line...

The orange-red HD Arc LS is a great and "must-have" light.

Unfortunately, Peter is no longer making them, so it will also be a rare flashlight.