Redsun RP2100 Whip Antenna Replacement

kilogulf59

Enlightened
Hopefully someone can assist me. I had an old Redsun RP2100 AM/FM/SW radio that I gave my grandson. The folding FM/SW antenna broke off and I need a replacement. I've been looking a bit but no luck so far. Any ideas on where to go or who to ask?

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully someone can assist me. I had an old Redsun RP2100 AM/FM/SW radio that I gave my grandson. The folding FM/SW antenna broke off and I need a replacement. I've been looking a bit but no luck so far. Any ideas on where to go or who to ask?
Wish I had a good lead for you, but I don't. Something tells me this is or should be doable, and you'll probably find this. Something also tells me it may require a fair bit of looking around. I'll let you know if I have any ideas.........

kilogulf59

Enlightened
Thanks. What I find amazing is that all these radios are basically the same unit:
Redsun RP2100
Kaito KA2100
ELTA 3569
K-PO WR2100
C Crane Radio SW
ROADSTAR TRA-2350
Silicon Scientific 75498
And no one stocks parts and /or repairs them?

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. What I find amazing is that all these radios are basically the same unit:
Redsun RP2100
Kaito KA2100
ELTA 3569
K-PO WR2100
C Crane Radio SW
ROADSTAR TRA-2350
Silicon Scientific 75498
And no one stocks parts and /or repairs them?

I don't know the radio market but that does seem bizarre to me, but it may not be as unusual as it seems. I have not looked to try to determine this, but was it made in china? If so, that may account for a lot - but if not, then I'd consider it even more strange. Anyway, since you have the unit / part to examine and know its dimensions, etc., I'm still betting one can be found that will fit it, even if it may take some serious looking around to find. I also doubt that the part is bespoke to that specific unit, but ICBW.

kilogulf59

Enlightened
CCrane doesn't support the radio anymore. I'm waiting to get the radio back from my grandson to take measurements and pictures. Then go from there.