Reflector for SL Jr. Lux?

Analog

Newly Enlightened
I have been using the Streamlight Jr. Lux 2AA for a couple of weeks and really like it as a genereal purpose light, but the beam with optics is blotchy. The bezel with optics is user removable. Has anyone seen a reflector mod for this light?

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SL Jr. Lux uses a low dome Luxeon and most reflectors won't work well with it. You could change it to a Lambertian type and use the IMS 17mm reflector, or you could try to remove the Fraen optic, which I believe is glued to the front part of the bezel, and replace it with an NX-05 optic for a much wider beam. If you've ever seen the beam of an ARC LSL, that's what it would look like.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed that the beam shape is not the greatest. Nevertheless, I use my Jr. a lot because it is a great simple all purpose light. When my friends see it they say 'wow' what a bright light, and never mention the beam shape. So I agree to like this light even though it could be improved.

Krit

Enlightened
My ST JR use new version of low dome which give white light than old version. But the emitter shape is not work very pretty with stock NX05 optic. If you realy like JR shape you should replace emitter with hi dome version and modify reflect to IMS 17 or 20 mm. It will go on with pretty nice light.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
yup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Analog

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
greenlight said:
Agreed that the beam shape is not the greatest. Nevertheless, I use my Jr. a lot because it is a great simple all purpose light. When my friends see it they say 'wow' what a bright light, and never mention the beam shape. So I agree to like this light even though it could be improved.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, this is a good performer. I'm not trying to be a beam snob, just looking for a simple upgrade. This will be my first Mod attempt, inexpensive host. Also looking into cutting one down to utilize 1AA, and make it more pocketable.

2dim

Enlightened
You may just have gotten a bad beam...try checking other Lux Jr several lights before altering anything.