Regalight WT1 - A Massive Performer! With beamshots & Runtimes!

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
But it will be hard to find a Regalight WT1, because they have stopped the production of this wonderful light. :mecry:
Where did you see that? I just went to Regalight's website and they still have the PayPal link to purchase the WT1 for $85. http://www.regalight.com/shopping.html

It would be a shame to end production on this light already. I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and am extremely impressed with it! It is one if the best built and brightest lights I own.

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe this might be the classic language barrier problem. Last I heard the Regal WT1 was being redesigned to be easier to upgrade, and they were trying to source an even better switch. I might be wrong, maybe they dropped this model. But I don't think so.
Stefan

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully the "stopped production" statement doesn't mean that they've discontinued the light. Maybe they churned out a huge inventory and will manufacture more as the inventory begins to dry up?

Btw, I was wondering if the 18650 cells used in the tests are protected or unprotected. The WT1 has circuitry regulation, but the spec sheet says it runs from 2.7v - 10v. So, if it's not sensitive enough to cut off once dropping below 3.0v, I'm guessing it would damage an unprotected 18650... is that correct?

CandleFranky

Enlightened
The WT1 has circuitry regulation, but the spec sheet says it runs from 2.7v - 10v. So, if it's not sensitive enough to cut off once dropping below 3.0v, I'm guessing it would damage an unprotected 18650... is that correct?
Good question, who knows the answer? :thinking:

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
The WT1 has circuitry regulation, but the spec sheet says it runs from 2.7v - 10v. So, if it's not sensitive enough to cut off once dropping below 3.0v, I'm guessing it would damage an unprotected 18650... is that correct?
Most battery protection circuits kick in around 2.5-2.7V, so it seems unlikely that the light would damage a unprotected 18650 by over discharging it. However, I personally don't want to mess with all the other risks associated with unprotected cells, so I've only bought protected 18650 cells.

CandleFranky

Enlightened
Most battery protection circuits kick in around 2.5-2.7V, so it seems unlikely that the light would damage a unprotected 18650 by over discharging it. However, I personally don't want to mess with all the other risks associated with unprotected cells, so I've only bought protected 18650 cells.
Can the protection mechanism of a (protected) Li-Ion cell get a defect, if the protection is triggered too much times? :candle:

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can the protection mechanism of a (protected) Li-Ion cell get a defect, if the protection is triggered too much times? :candle:
I don't think so. Keep in mind Lithium-Ion batteries are different in that taking them all the way down to dead is more harmful to the cells than recharging them after each use. Obviously charging them after each use isn't necessarily practical, but if you use the light a few minutes a day maybe charging once a week is (even if the batteries aren't dead).

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my WT1 v2 today in the mail. I have to say this is a fantastic light. :eek:oo: The threads were very clean with no grit. The anodizing is top notch. The beam is bright and white with good focus. :thumbsup:

BillD

Newly Enlightened
I received mine as well on the 28th, and I agree that this is a great light, especially for the price. I would like to order a few more, and hopefully Regal will continue production in the future.:twothumbs

1 what

Enlightened
Thanks for the photos Stephan. I loved the "lake test". Remind me never to go walking in the woods with you in winter!

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the photos Stephan. I loved the "lake test". Remind me never to go walking in the woods with you in winter!

I tend to avoid the area around that pond after dark, I often get bad vibes there. When I took these beamshots I had the dog in my avatar circling around. He doesn't like it either. But it's a good place for beamshots.
Stefan

maxilux

Enlightened
Anyone knows what is going on with regalight? Have you any contact to them in the last 2 weeks, i got no answers to my questions.

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone knows what is going on with regalight? Have you any contact to them in the last 2 weeks, i got no answers to my questions.

Natural disaster is going on. Regalight is in the middle of the snowstorm of the century. No electricity or transportation. The chinese new year is also coming up.
Stefan