Relative Reliability - HDS EDC Series vs. TiPD Series

H

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Over the past 6-8 months these two light have become my EDC's of choice.

I remain slightly sceptical about the long term reliablity of the HDS switch, whilst problems with the PD are rare but not unknown.

I'd love to know of your experiences with these two lights, in terms of reliablity beyond the call of duty or, for that matter, inexplicable failure.

I'm also curious as to whether any problems were "fixable" by the user or required a return to maker or significant expertise to rectify.

Mine have remained faultless but...........................over to you.

Last edited:
thermal guy

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I cant speak for the Ti PD as i don't have one but do own a few hds lights.Some of mine are shelf Queens but i do edc some and have had 0 problems with the light or switch itself.They are pretty much bomb proof.My b42 goes to work with me every day and i do not baby it.

By hds you dont mean novatac right?

thermal guy

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Good man!Sit tight i will send you something you might like.

Oddjob

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a TiPD but I do have an Al PD and I have an HDS. Neither of them has failed me yet. I don't abuse my lights but I don't baby them either. No problems with either of them after being dropped, submerged etc. The only thing I can forsee being a possible issue is the rubber button on the HDS. Although it is fine now and I keep it lubed with a bit of silicone grease when not in use it may eventually wear out/start to degrade. I don't know how long that might take but I think it is possible.

BigHonu

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ti-PD here, but no HDS yet.

Dropped into sand, gravel, and concrete. Submerged in a pool (I forgot it was in my pocket) as well as the ocean. Minimal maintenance except for keeping the o-rings cleaned and lubed. Still works like a charm.