• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Repacement QTC pills available?

FaithinGod

Newly Enlightened
The only company I found on the internet which manufactured the QTC material no longer appeared to be making the same material that is used in Peak Led Solutions flashlights.

So I am wondering if Peak Led Solutions has a different supplier of QTC Pill material and if replacement QTC Pills will be available from them, and what the maximum average life cycle is (for full or half of full compression or something by which to get a good measure). I had read about the 1,000 cycle test which Peak ran themselves, but it did not indicate maximum life.

Any one who has any information on this who can help, it would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

FaithinGod

Last edited:

manoloco

Enlightened
Obsolete so fast?, good news indeed, i wonder what the improvements are, i guess from reports it could be more durable, more consistant... ?

did you get more info about this?

thanks for the heads up

purelite

Enlightened
Huh, thanx for asking about replacements, I was wondering the same thing. I hope Peak responds also and hopefully we dont have lights with obsolete components for who knows what reason?

is the Pill permamantly fused togther?

manoloco

Enlightened
I meant good news because a new QTC pill is easily replaceable, and the QTC holder on current Peaks would probably be still compatible with newer pills (unless Peratech change dimensions), has anyone tried QTC clear?, is it better than the regular QTC?.

Read news about QTC clear that was going to be used in tablets as a clear film with pressure sensitivity, adding depth to the multitouch screens (this has been done before with laptops and tablets with Wacom and N-trig digitizers) i assume if the QTC film is going to be under a tablet screen, it has to be way more resilient than the available one, which should be better for flashlights too.

For QTC to be more durable they have to make a more elastic material with good springy properties.