Replaced license plate bulbs in my 16 GMC Sierra w led

moodysj

Newly Enlightened
Attached are pics where I replaced the stock incan license plate bulbs with Sylvania zevo 194 6000k leds. The color matches my OEM led headlights and other factory led lights. The first pic is one led and one stock, the second pic is both leds.
5563e10f3632f903a99122a425deab0f.jpg
a1ce05fbae51e2e2acf1d86b98b915ca.jpg

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Photos can't really tell us much at all, since they love to do so much automatic stuff for us. There's a Zevo display at a nearby AutoZone that seems rigged-- I think they're running the incandescent bulb way under voltage. I took a picture of it (and will put it on my site one of these days) and the picture does seem slightly closer to what I really saw compared to what the camera tried to adjust it to.

This is probably one of the more harmless applications of the Zevo line, which seems to produce (granted, subjectively) disappointing results. I've tried two of the different Zevo DE3175 bulbs in a dome light, and even the newer version seems to be lacking against the normal incandescent one. The only upside is that it's less draining on the battery.