• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

replacement clickie for the FB1?

TNRonin

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I'm really a lurker and not a HSLD one at that. I have a SF Kl1 head on a FB1 body. The clickie really sucks. Have you thought of filling this niche (insert to replace the clickie) with the VG FL? Or even a new complete tail piece? I really like the lense down carry.

TIA.

Mitch

TNRonin

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I would like to keep the VG body. I just want to replace the module or tailcap if necessary. I would like to keep the clip and lense down config. TIA.

McGizmo is missing a good niche here. I've read many complaints about this.
Mitch

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my VG body, although I did have to tweek my tailcap a little to get it to work the way I wanted it to..

TNRonin

Newly Enlightened
I just don't care for the flicker and the lack of positive feel to the clickie. There was a signifigant difference between my E1e and E1eVG. Now I have a Kl1 head and love life, but still have the flicker issue.

benighted

Enlightened
Scottiver said:
I think he's talking about a Vital Gear body and they have female threads for the tailcap so neither the SF or McGizmo tailcaps will fit.
Oops, I thought they were the same, sorry. :ohgeez:

cerenkov

Newly Enlightened
TNRonin said:
I just don't care for the flicker and the lack of positive feel to the clickie. There was a signifigant difference between my E1e and E1eVG. Now I have a Kl1 head and love life, but still have the flicker issue.
I had the same issue with my FB1/KL1, the flicker. I removed the clickie, looked at the contact springs with a magnifying glass and noticed the two springs were at different heights. I carefully bent them up slightly until they were the exact same heigth. The clickie still does not have a really positive feel, but it is much better than before, more sensitive, and no more flicker. The rubber O-ring was missing on mine and I suspect either myself or someone before me screwed the body on too tightly and bent the spring. Until I can get a replacement O-ring, I am very careful to screw the body/head together only until I feel the battery snug up against the contacts. Of course, I don't know if this will solve your problem.

TNRonin

Newly Enlightened
I only have one large contact spring on mine. I guess this is one of the new model clickies.