Rest In Peace CPF member tankahn**

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

Most of you here do not know James (CPF handle, tankahn) and it is not surprising since he is mainly a lurker here in CPF. However, I am going to give credit where credit is due to a gentleman whose heart is on his flashlight hobby as well as the CPF community. Without him, my "Night Trekking" beam shots would not have been possible. He is very much with the idea of me doing my "Night Trekking" series found on my signature below, and has been a source of my motivation and inspiration in completing the series. As the saying goes, all good things must come to an end, and no one, absolutely no one is spared from the inevitable loosing of one's life.

Exactly one month before 17th May 2013, James was diagnosed with liver cancer. He put up a good fight but unfortunately succumbed to the powers of cancer. He has since left this world on 17th May 2013.

James have been a genuine friend to many, being without a child he is a great uncle to all his nieces and nephews, and is a source of knowledge to many who seek. He is always on the lookout for information to further his knowledge base and have been teaching his nephews and nieces about the art of mind mapping even before it was brought into the eduction system here in Singapore. Without him, I wouldn't be in CPF, for it was he who introduced me to the CPF community here and I am eternally grateful for a wonderful friend like him.

I want to thank CPF Admin, Norm, for taking the time and effort to open this thread up so that all of us could remember him and know about his contribution to the community here, whether in ways big or small.

May he rest in peace and God bless his soul.

Rest In Peace CPF member tankahn

Last edited:

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly one month before 17th May 2013, James was diagnosed with liver cancer. He put up a good fight but unfortunately the cancer cells won the fight. He has since left this world on 17th May 2013. May he rest in peace and God bless his soul.

Rest In Peace CPF member tankhan.

So sad to hear. May he be at peace.

Last edited by a moderator:

edc3

Enlightened
Exactly one month before 17th May 2013, James was diagnosed with liver cancer. He put up a good fight but unfortunately the cancer cells won the fight. He has since left this world on 17th May 2013. May he rest in peace and God bless his soul.

Rest In Peace CPF member tankahn.

I'm very sorry to hear that. Rest in peace.

Last edited by a moderator:

Norm

Retired Administrator
He sound like a great Bloke and will be missed by his CPF friends. R.I.P.

Norm

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
He sound like a great Bloke and will be missed by his CPF friends. R.I.P.

Norm
Indeed he is Norm. He is my closest friend and is always there when I needed someone to talk to. I am going to miss him very much.

nbp

Flashaholic
My sympathies go out to his family and friends, including you of course, Andy. :candle:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you guys. And it saddens me to read about the disaster in Oklahoma. Just can't imagine the emotional turmoil these families are facing right now.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am so very sorry to hear of this. I didn't know James but he certainly figured prominently in your night treks. Sounds like he was an amazing guy. My sympathies to you, his friends and family. I have a very good friend battling pancreatic cancer and... well, it's just a horrible illness. I hope James didn't have to suffer badly. :(

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am so very sorry to hear of this. I didn't know James but he certainly figured prominently in your night treks. Sounds like he was an amazing guy. My sympathies to you, his friends and family. I have a very good friend battling pancreatic cancer and... well, it's just a horrible illness. I hope James didn't have to suffer badly. :(
Thankfully he wasn't feeling much of a pain. He died due to lost of blood caused by ruptured veins which then led to an internal hemorrhage. It is quite common for patients of liver cancer to die this way.

I do hope that your friend will find peace and hope to carry on his fight. It won't be easy for you to swallow the grief and pain when you visit your friend, but I pray that you will be strong and be a pillar of strength and encouragement for your friend during this trying times. I will keep him in prayer.