REV Victor-World's Longest Throwing LED Light

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny that the person who replied is called 'MaxBeam'...speaking of technology innovations prevailing, when the hell is MaxaBeam gonna Trump there latest model?? The current MaxaBeam model must be a decade old by now. They did improve their battery technology I'll give them that (with the very impressive LifePO4), but it's been the same distance of throw forever!!

Well… owning the first Rev Victor Enthusiast, as well as a few Maxa Beam lights, Peak makes changes to their lights when called upon by their government customers.

My Maxa Beam's are all third generation lights. Two of my lights have the improved reflector and bulb, making those two 12 million candle power lights. The third light has the older reflector and is only rated at 7.5 million candle power.

In handheld lights, projecting a beam further than a mile, the beam hitting a small target gets much more difficult.

I've spoke with the company that purchased Wavien and they're planning on making collars, however they are looking more at government speciality contracts, not consumer stage, projector, or flashlights as their business model.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've spoke with the company that purchased Wavien and they're planning on making collars, however they are looking more at government speciality contracts, not consumer stage, projector, or flashlights as their business model.

While you had their ear did you let them know that there's a few dozen Flashaholics who hate them with a passion lol?

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
While you had their ear did you let them know that there's a few dozen Flashaholics who hate them with a passion lol?

As far as hate, not quite as harsh as hate. Disappointed.

Wavien appeared to be a ship without a rudder. I've purchased collars from them before. They usually delivered within a week or two. The flashlights that they built were so-so when compared to Chinese crap in eBay.

The technology is good, just that there isn't a large enough market to make the collar as your sole product unless you have a government customer. The same can be said for Lemax, Peak, and Xenonics. The retail prices for all of the lights I've named are way out of the realm of what most people have here in their entire collection.

I had ordered a couple of LED's with the Wavien collar mounted. After being charged and then no order acknowledgement, I attempted contact. After a couple of days, I was contacted by the company that purchased Wavien, and then processed the refund. I would have preferred the LED's but I'm not out any money.

If Michael wanted to, he probably could get licensed again, but I'm sure that the financial terms per unit would be prohibitive.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
The technology is good, just that there isn't a large enough market to make the collar as your sole product unless you have a government customer. The same can be said for Lemax, Peak, and Xenonics. The retail prices for all of the lights I've named are way out of the realm of what most people have here in their entire collection.

You ain't lying I would LOVE to have a Lemax!!!

http://www.xevision.com/hid_searchlights_2.html

A Peak would be nice too!! Yes however too rich for my blood. But what kills me is that there are a lot of guys in here who post pics of there collection of over 100 lights, the amount of money they spent they could have bought a brand new MaxaBeam, Xevision 70W, and Rev Victor, and still had money for a few other lights. Of course it's a personal preference but I wish that instead of buying all the lights that I did in the past I wish I instead just bought a handful of premium lights like the ones mentioned above. I'm actually not really into it anymore...so looking back now I'd be way more excited to have a Xevision sitting in my closet right now than the cluster of mediocre lights that are in there now (too many of which nearly do the same identicle job).

Last edited:

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mean more expensive than those he already sold?

Yes.

I've got no idea as to the terms between Michael and Wavien, but most tech companies require that you solely purchase from them as well as paying a royalty per unit.

One of these days I'm going to read the patents filed by Wavien to see what they're actually got locked up. There are other methods to perform the same functionality as the collar.

Years back Polaroid when they patented instant film patient education both front and rear image image pictures. Kodak thought otherwise until they got sued and lost hundreds of millions and had to purchase cameras back. Ten years later, digital killed off Polaroid.

Theodore41

Enlightened
Yesterday,I saw some new lights,of MTE brand,and a video of one of them.
http://www.mte-led.com/product.asp?Page=1
http://www.mte-led.com/show_imgnews.asp?id=480&title=H8-1S
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLPCEvq_jfY
Looking at this video,I think that this light,could be a Rev Victor substitute,if some good modder,like Vinh,had taken this in his hands.And there is not need for some rare collars.Look for instance the interiors of this light. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qA6cTA5lD0&nohtml5=False .
What do you think?

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow that light looks good! I want!

So did everybody get their lights?
Yes the final orders shipped a few weeks ago or so. There is one notable exception that has not shipped and that is a one-off light that will throw more than even the mighty Victor Enthusiast.

So that's it then? No 1.6 million CD in REV #2 next year, no 2 million CD in Super Deft-REV in 2 years...it's over??
Yes :mecry::mecry::mecry: No contract at this time and may never again. Don't know. The company that currently owns the patent is busy with their stuff and while not completely against licensing are not really keen on it either. Sadly pretty much all you posted and more was in the works but those projects were halted. To me this is a huge blow for the flashlight community.

bjs55

Newly Enlightened
well lets hope that they realize that most innovation happens here and make there product available. perhaps move towards reflectors.good luck on all your endevors and please let us know of any available lights. also thanx for all your hard work

Theodore41

Enlightened
Isn't there a possibility for someone,to make some of the waiven collars by a 3D printer?I think it is.And if it is difficult for US DIYers,it is not for other country ones.:)

magnum70383

Enlightened
I just turned on my Rev victor enthusiast again, what an awesome light. So sad there will be no more. I'm glad I bought one.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats magnum70383 and to the choice few who were so lucky!

I realize it's a very long shot, but anyone interested in selling feel free to send me a PM.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone must need money.... maybe those with more than one REV-Victor Enthusiast? Or if you only have the one... I'll take it! lol

EDIT: It just dawned on me that this type of post should probably be confined to the WTB forum. My apologies... I'm well known for acting before thinking.

Last edited:

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey wim, why not do a WTB and see what's offered? I remember a 1225kcd that was snapped up, and a 1305kcd that ( I think ) wasn't, both offered in the WTS section here on CPF in the last few months. If you're serious ( sometimes you are, sometimes not :D) then it would be worth a try. :)