[Review] AA sized LUMINTOP FWAA with Anduril II and 3 x high CRI LED's (Insane power)

KG_Tuning

My review of the tiny but insanely powerful AA sized LUMINTOP FWAA with Anduril II and 3 x high CRI LED's, so very nearly epic!

Last edited:

pilo7448

It says your video is private, change your settings maybe?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Fireclaw18

Regarding the "stuck switch when not pressed directly in center" problem KG_Tuning reported in his sample:

This sounds like it might be a manufacturing defect rather than a design defect. It is not universal to all FWAAs.

I own two FWAAs. One with Nichia 219C 4000K, the other with SST-20 4000K. Both work perfectly with no issues. In both of them I can press anywhere on the switch, not just the center. The switch works with no problems no matter where I press it. The button has also never gotten stuck in the down position. I have never experienced the defective operation KG-Tuning describes and have been unable to reproduce it in either of my samples despite attempts to do so. I'm quite happy with mine. Build quality seems perfect.

That said, I do not mean to discount the serious problem the KG-Tuning reported. The light malfunctioning when the button is depressed at an angle is indeed a serious defect that renders the light "unsuitable for its intended purpose". This suggests serious issues with Lumintop's quality control and/or a finicky design.

It's easy to see one example of a bad light and assume they're all like that and everyone who buys the same model will experience the same malfunctions. But that isn't usually the case, and it isn't the case in this light either.

Some other impressions:

* excellent tint and cri on the SST-20 version. This light includes some of the best SST-20s I've seen yet.
* Incredibly high output... but can't be sustained. This is an acceptable compromise for such a tiny light. It's the price paid for getting high output in tiny pocketable size. Want sustained high output? ... get a bigger light or run at lower power.
* The light is absolutely tiny. Consider the Eagtac D25C, a relatively small 16340/CR123 light. The FWAA is smaller! It's the same width as the D25C, but a few mm shorter.

Last edited:

5S8Zh5

Supporter
This was important to me: the switch won’t spill its guts out when taking off the tailcap (early versions of the FW3A had this issue)

[ 1lumen.com review ]

pilo7448

Same issue here with my FWaa.. And several of my Fw3a's.. But I just keep buying them. Lol

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk