Review: Olight S1R Baton II (EDC, 1xIMR16340, Magnetic Charging)

Brightpreme

I love my s1r ii, I carry it every day as my EDC. I can flood vast areas with huge amounts of light. Its jaw-dropping how a light this size can produce 1000 lumens. Just a few years back you would be called crazy if you thought a light of this output to size ratio was possible. I even have a cute mini holster that I can keep mine in at times.

tristech

Unfortunately, I can confirm the above is an issue. Carrying a 1.25” metal keyring in my pocket along with the S1Rii lens up and clipped to my pocket was just the right combination to cause the metal keyring to contact the terminal with the body. Luckily I don’t think it had been in contact long, but the keyring and body of the light was hot enough to burn my finger as I reached into my pocket. The plastic protector around the cell’s terminal has been deformed and it appears that the plastic inside the body has melted. A small amount of that has even melted out from around the exposed terminal on the bottom of the light and can be seen on the exterior of the light now.
You must have a faulty unit. I tested it and there's a blocking diode in the base (.432V), which means it's impossible to discharge the battery by shorting the base, it will only allow power to flow into the battery.

Latest posts