Review: Skyray King

ven

Flashaholic
Hi Rich,the left on in my pic i can lock out,small turn of body ,one on right cant be locked out,is yours the same regarding lock out?

Cheers

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
Hi Rich,the left on in my pic i can lock out,small turn of body ,one on right cant be locked out,is yours the same regarding lock out?

Cheers

Yes, mine can be locked out as both the body and head threads are well anodized like in most better quality aluminum construction flashlights. Circuit completion is from the unanodized front flange of the battery compartment to a copper ring in the head outside of the battery + end contact ring. Slight battery compartment loosening breaks the contact, locking out the light.

ven

Flashaholic
Cheers, i knew 1 can be locked out but not the other,not looked closer into it tbh,does not appear to drain cells in the one that cant be locked out after a period of time .

okeenu

Newly Enlightened
Well, I threw the dice , and ordered my first multi 18650/multi XML light...
With all of the 4 emitter/ 5 emitter and even 7emitter "skyray,s" on Ebay the original has come way down in price

I ordered a black 3 xml on Ebay..I love it..
not only is it brighter than any other light I have It will do it on 1 18650 battery.

I had wondered before if you can run it on less than 4 batteries...It works great on a single cell,or a matched pair..

My matching set of 4 panasonics are on the way..Will it be much brighter or just run longer?

BTW I paid 28.35 us inc shipping...3weeks to get it

i

paojerokid

Newly Enlightened
Where is the recommended online site to buy the original skyray king? Which version (number of leds) is best?