Review: SUREFIRE E2L-AA - Impressions and pictures!

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
*for submission in the Reviews forum*

Hey! :wave:

Some impressions and pictures of my new Surefire E2L-AA

FINISH: like all natural HA Surefire lights, anodization and finish are perfect:

surefiree2laa0132150x16.th.jpg

surefiree2laa0092150x16.th.jpg

GRIP: It has a great grip, due to it´s bigger size and the famous SF knurling:

surefiree2laa0102150x16.th.jpg

Here´s a size comparison (handshots):

E1L:

surefiree2laa0062150x16.th.jpg

E2L-AA:

surefiree2laa0052150x16.th.jpg

I have big hands, so obviously E2L-AA is more confortable to hold. I love my E1L, but it´s too small for my hand.

surefiree2laa0151613x21.th.jpg

I took some pictures with FENIX TK20, side by side. E2L-AA is slightly bigger in size, but it has a thinner body. Still, both are very confortable to hold.

surefiree2laa0221613x21.th.jpg

OUTPUT: output is great for my needs. I have brighter lights, but the high mode (with 80 SF lumens) is very bright and the TIR optics provide a good hotspot with enough spill. I also like the UI: low mode first, high mode second, just like E1L.

surefiree2laa0242150x16.th.jpg

It has a great throw too, but Fenix TK20 still has better throw in high mode. Surefire E2L-AA in high mode can throw like Fenix TK20 in low mode, but when you change TK20 to high mode, E2L-AA´s throw disappears (I use rechargeable NiMH AA batteries).

Fenix TK20 is still the throw queen of all my 2xAA flashlights!

I liked E2L-AA´s tint too. It´s cool white, with no signs of green or purple (even in low mode). :thumbsup:

Well, that´s it. It´s my first AA baterry Surefire light, and I liked a lot! It´s perfect for camping, with great construction and simple UI. It´s a great pair for my E1L Outdoorsman while camping or backpacking!

Cheers!