Review with Video: Seeing is Believing, 7300 Lumens Thrunite TN36-UT King of Flood

SAMongoose

SAMongoose

Enlightened
maybe famous for a few in the field or interest, not famous as in to the big world, not just to the people who are nerdy and care about flashlights.
A few
How much would you say is a few.
You might be surprized.

CYMac

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
Well, I was looking at his channel for the views first of all, and it's nowhere near a 7 digit figure. Is that famous with a sub 4 digit viewcount on youtube? I am purely talking about video on youtube if you actually read my message... in the real-world, or in a certain industry, it's different, but you see, just like a "famous" guy in the SHOT show might be very famous in that crowd, but outside of the SHOT show fans, if you never attend it, you never even get to hear their name. So it's not very "famous" as in like something many people will just go click and know who he is etc. Sorry if I got you confused. Famous in my eyes is different from yours I guess. Different standard of "famous" I must say.

A few
How much would you say is a few.
You might be surprized.

SAMongoose

SAMongoose

Enlightened
Well, I was looking at his channel for the views first of all, and it's nowhere near a 7 digit figure. Is that famous with a sub 4 digit viewcount on youtube? I am purely talking about video on youtube if you actually read my message... in the real-world, or in a certain industry, it's different, but you see, just like a "famous" guy in the SHOT show might be very famous in that crowd, but outside of the SHOT show fans, if you never attend it, you never even get to hear their name. So it's not very "famous" as in like something many people will just go click and know who he is etc. Sorry if I got you confused. Famous in my eyes is different from yours I guess. Different standard of "famous" I must say.
No Problem.

Name the most famous Flashlight modder. Sales etc.

Maybe I can learn something like I learn everyday

CYMac

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
First of all, no flashlight "modder" is famous imo. Only brands get famous. No one care about modding a flashlight unless you are a flashaholic who come to CPF and stuff all the time. Even as a collector myself, I have never thought of modding my flashlights yet.

Sales? I don't care about sales-person either. It's none of my business too. I care about brands, their business ethics and how they give service to people, be it whoever the sales is, if my product is not good when I use it or the service is bad when I need it, then it will be a thumbs down to the company. I think our scope is different, that's all.

I know you are on the CPF and you know these guys, but if I actually talk to people who are new to lights but they just want to have a few cool lights to play with, no one really cares about modding a flashlight in the majority of the market. What we do is - buy another one, and another one, and another one. LOL Again, we just have different scopes, you are very into the field of flashlight, but my life is different, I have different perspectives than yours. Company is what I like to deal with more than individuals.

No Problem.

Name the most famous Flashlight modder. Sales etc.

Maybe I can learn something like I learn everyday

SAMongoose

SAMongoose

Enlightened
First of all, no flashlight "modder" is famous imo. Only brands get famous. No one care about modding a flashlight unless you are a flashaholic who come to CPF and stuff all the time. Even as a collector myself, I have never thought of modding my flashlights yet.

Sales? I don't care about sales-person either. It's none of my business too. I care about brands, their business ethics and how they give service to people, be it whoever the sales is, if my product is not good when I use it or the service is bad when I need it, then it will be a thumbs down to the company. I think our scope is different, that's all.

I know you are on the CPF and you know these guys, but if I actually talk to people who are new to lights but they just want to have a few cool lights to play with, no one really cares about modding a flashlight in the majority of the market. What we do is - buy another one, and another one, and another one. LOL Again, we just have different scopes, you are very into the field of flashlight, but my life is different, I have different perspectives than yours. Company is what I like to deal with more than individuals.

You have strong opinions.

So you like big Companies service levels & tech.

Dont buy from Vinh.

You will never do business with your big companies again.

CYMac

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
Um, I don't mind trying of course. Never say that I will never try. It's just that in my experience, I deal with companies more than individuals myself. Maybe I will change my mind later, hell knows. lol

You have strong opinions.

So you like big Companies service levels & tech.

Dont buy from Vinh.

You will never do business with your big companies again.

SAMongoose

SAMongoose

Enlightened
Um, I don't mind trying of course. Never say that I will never try. It's just that in my experience, I deal with companies more than individuals myself. Maybe I will change my mind later, hell knows. lol
As a businessman I exclusively deal with businesses. Buying from OEM straight to my customer.

The flashlights that is modded is better than a factory light.

So I see Skylumen as a business with superior product and service.

wimmer21

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
So here's my opinion... if you want a 6,900 lumen light buy the TN36UT. But if you'd prefer a 13,000 lumen light, buy the TN36UTvn from skylumen.com.

Vinh's service record is outstanding fyi

wimmer21

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
And yeah Vinh's not famous like Tom Cruise, but his stock is rising and apparently he's better looking too.

SAMongoose

SAMongoose

Enlightened
wimmer21 lol

I should not have hey.

I dare you to get the guys to post here the stories of Vinh service levels.

I gotto go and sleep.
Its 04.49

CYMac

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
Cool, so basically we don't even need any more shops in this forum, because any "good lights" can be purchased as a "vn version" and that's the best way to go. No need to shop around. That's your one-stop-shop. I get it. Thanks! :twothumbs

wimmer21

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Cool, so basically we don't even need any more shops in this forum, because any "good lights" can be purchased as a "vn version" and that's the best way to go. No need to shop around. That's your one-stop-shop. I get it. Thanks! :twothumbs

I assume this is sarcasm, but no, shopping around is advised.

I saw a link to this thread at Vinhnguyen54 and jumped in right at my first post, so I haven't read everything that was written... I just thought I'd share my opinion/experience with V54 lights. No offense was intended on my part.

Have a good evening

wimmer21

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Ok I went back and read the thread, and maybe you weren't being sarcastic. You seem like a nice guy, and I just now realized who you are... I've watched your reviews on Youtube before and I enjoy your style.

Either way welcome. I hope you try one of the vn's... you won't be disappointed. :thumbsup:

S

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for posting the video CYMac, you have a great style! Amazing to think that a production light can put out that many lumens. I have the stock GT, so it gave a good idea of how bright this light is, and all in the size of a can. [emoji106]

As for modded lights, they are a different classification entirely, so no conflict there in my opinion and bring different heat, runtime, tints and costs. There are hundreds here who buy good stock lights, many exclusively. [emoji106]

SAMongoose

SAMongoose

Enlightened
You said that, not me.

T

tom-

Enlightened
Give me a case of beer a few pounds of poppers and I can watch this guy all night long