*REVISED* NiteCore EZ AA Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, PICS & more!

Mikellen

Enlightened
Thanks for the reply. I guess I still need a Zebralight then.
I was kinda looking for an excuse to purchase the EZAA with warm LED.
I just wish it came with a pocket clip. What is the recommended way for carrying the EZAA?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I just pocket carry the EZAA. It doesn't feel much different from my AAA lights. A clip would be nice, though.

Geoff

Haz

Enlightened
I think most will use this as a pocketlight rather than a keychain light.
How many are actually using this as a keychain light i wonder???...

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply. I guess I still need a Zebralight then.
I was kinda looking for an excuse to purchase the EZAA with warm LED.
I just wish it came with a pocket clip. What is the recommended way for carrying the EZAA?

4Sevens said Nitecore is coming up with the clips. ETA TBC.
Now.... satisfy your excuse. :devil:

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast

Actually, I have been using it as a keychain light ever since I got it over a month ago. I keep my keys and other keychain tools on a Civilian Labs retractor, which serves the dual purpose of keeping everything in compact order in my pocket and preventing me from losing anything. Honestly, the EZ AA is not much bigger than the L0D I was EDCing (while providing a much higher high and better value/more common AA energy source). My only complaint regards the finish; even the L0D didn't chip as fast. I've never been too concerned about outward aesthetics, but my EZ AA looks like its been through a war already. Here's hoping they either improve the black finish, or offer an HA natural version.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've been EDCing my EZ AA neutral on keys since they were first avilable.
It replaced my neutral Raw Ns which replaced my fenix P1D CE.

That swivel attachment means it will not break off. The colour is outstanding and the 2 levels make it even more versitile.

I highly suggest the EZ AA for keychain carry. The first time you find yourself needing a light in an unexpected situation, and have that powerful and beautiful beam, you'll never ignore keychain EDC again.

tankahn

Newly Enlightened
I bought the NiteCore EZ AA yesterday. While using it it suddenly turn dim. Its so dim that I can look at the LED without hurting my eye. Its 2 modes is still there. Dim and super dim. I thought I must have fried the circuit. But the battery is inserted correctly and fresh ones does not help either. I had it for one day and now I have to go through the hassle of getting it replaced. It will never again be my EDC light if it is going to be unreliable I thought. I decided to give it a firm whack on the palm and it became normal again.
Any explanation for what I just did?

thedeske

Enlightened
BabyDoc;2909151 I highly suggest the EZ AA for keychain carry. The first time you find yourself needing a light in an unexpected situation said:
Agree - When I purchased an LD01 I though I'd use it once a month at best. In reality, I use it all the time in situations I never considered without one on hand. I have one of the new Red EZAAs on order as a backup or alternate for the keys. There's an extra Fenix Claw in stock if I don't like the one Nitecore includes with the AA. I love being able to quickly unhook and hand the light to someone.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must of originally missed this review. I find myself wanting / attracted to AA lights more and more. Especially since everything I take in the field with me takes AA. I also am becoming a sucker for small packages.

Thanks for the review Eric. I am ordering the R2 version of this light today. Now my only problem is what Color. lol.

Bill

KevlarSix

Newly Enlightened
No need for a clip as my Nitecore EZ AA is small enough to fit inside the sidepocket of the Leatherman pouch which enable me to bring it everywhere and everyday. :twothumbs

E902820.jpg

E902818.jpg

E902817.jpg

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the split ring will sit flat for tail standing.

I just got a Quark Mini Ti AA, and honestly, I think I like the EZAA better.