ReyLight Ti Lan Proto Review

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know this was true with the brass. Even with the new reflector it was ringy without the extended centering ring.

Chrisdm

Enlightened
The wait is finally over! Mine landed last night, and I was quick to get to work. Step one, as with my Pineapple, was to remove the annoying lanyard tab from the clip. It is positioned right in the center of my palm when carrying and is very uncomfortable but relatively easy to remove with a dremel.

Hard to tell from this pic but the one on top is sanded (matte) finish with orange trits, and the one on bottom is polished with green trits.

It was my first time installing trits, and I did "good enough", thank you Gunga. I wouldn't try this on a more expensive light but enjoyed this little diy project.

Thank you Rey for a great light at a great value.
4cb7b2752c8081fda91940452793bb10.jpg

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
When pineapple released, it was reported with ringy beam. so we re-machined the reflector and electronic-plated it to make it right.
Will use new reflector and centering ring in future.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e324/395090663/QQ20170603160115_zps1wwd7usv.png

Yes. The new reflector and centering ring work really well. :) But you need to use both to get rid of the rings is what I am saying.

My Ti LAN has no rings and it's amazing but we need to use the bigger centering ring :)

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Oh. You mean brushed vs bead blasted?
Yeah i just brushed it. Blasting would have been better but i dont have the means. I was hoping for a nice two tone with the recessed areas though.

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my Ti Lan today! Definitely not a Mcgizmo, but quite a nice light actually! It fills a gap in my collection, so I like it! I guess I should buy some trits for it, even though I not big into them. I need some yellow and some blue ones.

jccookjr

Newly Enlightened
I'm quite pleased with the quality of mine. It's my first from ReyLight, but will certainly not be the last. Pocket friendly size was important to me and this fits the bill. So it fits a hole in my lineup as well. Just need to think more about some trits...

Landonb

Newly Enlightened
Hbk_ray
Ti LAN lights been shipped that didn't go threw massdrop yet
any updates
thanks

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
Nice job RGRAY! I just got my massdrop one today. Adding trits.

I also found a cool optic that gives me a fat hot spot. Similar to olight s mini etc but with a wider spot. Love it.

RGRAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice job RGRAY! I just got my massdrop one today. Adding trits...

I got mine from massdrop Friday and very happy with it now.

Maybe Rey will make it in Copper and Damascus?