Reylight Ti Lan V3

Umbrosoccer

Newly Enlightened
Thanks!. I am excited as this was a good answer to my search for a good flashlight with a high cri or a warmer tint. I use cool white leds but i prefer nichias or leds close to them. I was looking at egale tac and maratac lights for a similar price but having titanium is great!

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mostly like the pineapple, specifically for its nice tint. However, I have three complaints:

1. It's really under-powered with a AA battery. You have to use a 14500 to give it some useful output for outdoors. Inside, it's okay with a AA for most uses.

2. It's horribly unregulated. Output starts off okay with a full cell. But by the time that cell is half-drained, the output has dropped a lot. It's worse than any other AA light I have, by far.

3. PWM. Nasty, especially on low modes. The frequency should be much higher (or use current control).

That is based on my experience with the original pineapple. Perhaps they've improved it in later versions. For such a fancy light, they really should have used a better driver.

RCLumens

Enlightened
Thank you for your review. I'm traveling and haven't watched it yet. Oddly enough I've been looking at these because of being able to add a few tritium tubes and dress the light up. I don't have a few grand to lay down for a flashlight with trits, so this could be a cost effective project? I hear it's on the larger side and would love your thoughts the more you use it. Believe it or not, I would EDC a small (doesn't have to be titanium, but seems most are) small, bright flashlight with tritium. All thoughts welcomed, thank you as always CPF FORUMS