Ricoh digital camera

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone had eny experience with the Ricoh Caplio R1 (or the R1V)?

I'm thinking of buying one but wanted to hear any stories first.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
looked for reviews didnt see any. if it was me id stick to one that been out for a bit and reviwed a lot

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found a few reviews. Check out here and here and I thought this one was pretty good.

Most people seem to say that the F stop doesn't go low enough, but they all seem to think that the noise levels are very low even in some of the higher ISO settings, so I think you could live with it. They also seem to think that the lens is quite good and that it's great for outdoor shots (which is mostly what I'd like it for). Maybe I'll wait a bit, but maybe I'll just try it out. I don't know ...

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick startup and little shutter lag makes it excellent for snapshots outside. For indoor pics, you'll tend to get shaky pics unless you have a steady arm or want to carry around a tripod.
Good battery life. Rechargables are recommended but you can get decent 'runtime' with alkalines too.

ADJ(adjust) button allows you to access menus that you use often (WB, exposure compensation, image quality etc).

Great macro shots.

Unless you want a faster lens and some more manual settings (like the Caplio GX), I would not hesitate to recommend the R1. There are other cameras with better image quality, but once you try the R1, the response just feels sooo good.

A lot of people like the Canon A series too. I heard they have come up with a new model which uses only 2 AAs.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
to me if ya dont want a big zoom id go with canon just cause there so well tested any where from the a75 to the a95 .but thats just my opion bindi.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some pics shot with a Ricoh GX. You should be able to do similar things with the R1's macro + wide angle (28mm) combination /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif