rip dad

Silly Rabbit

Newly Enlightened
Very sorry to hear of your loss sir, my deepest condolinces and prayers to you.
I am newish to this forum, but there are alot of members that have been here a long time and know each other, care for one another. A forum of good people can become a form of family. If your ever feeling very sad or lost, I would say posting on here and even being honest with saying how you feel and just want to engage with the family here, you would get many people reaching out just to listen, talk, keep company, just be.
I would wager, reading through threads on here, reading folks words - there is personality and emotion to how people write even - people care for one another on here.
I have found that on some of the different forums I am on people will tell things they may not talk talk about with people close they see everyday. They seek out advise, look for support, everything, on a personal level. Maybe it's that on a forum they feel more comfortable because it's like talkkng to a crowd on stage, but behind a curtin. Or talking to a therapist in a sense, not feeling judged. But alot a folks consider forum members in a very close light, friends they care about.
Ok, I may be rambling a bit. But my point is, just like if you reached out very late at night to a close friend just to talk, do the same here. No matter the time. Yes because of obvious reasons you may not get an immediate response depending, but family on here will respond to you without question. People should not feel alone, they are not.
Again, very sorry for your loss.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i truly have no idea how to go forward he was everything to me. even before this ive been clinically depressed . i cant tell my doctor they try to put me in hospital and when your poor the hospitals are not the best

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Raggie,

Thanks for sharing this with us. It's hard to reach out and tell others you're hurting. Celebrate that your dad meant so much to you. We're thinking of you and hoping you find peace. As @knucklegary said, take one day at a time. Some days will suck. But some days won't. We keep going and find those days when things make sense. You will find those days. They're precious, because some times in our life those days are few and far between, but they're worth it. The sun WILL shine on your face and you'll be able to continue going, one step at a time.

Hoping you are well and keep your head up this holiday season! We love you.

Lumen83

Enlightened
I'm really sorry to hear about your dad, raggie. Please accept my condolences. That is an incredibly difficult thing to go through. It sounds like your dad was great person.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
some one droped me off food which is good i never felt ok outside wasnt easy for me to do it evenn checking the mail not it is way worse im so afraid someone will yell some stuff at me and id not be able to ignore it. they love to yell stuff out there cars when they see me walking they do it to everyone

raggie33

*the raggedier*
its ironic one of my favored movies was tommy boy. but i always skiped over the part where his father died . i just couldt deal with the thought .now my dad died and im so lost

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Raggie, I'm sorry to hear of your father's passing. He will always be with you in spirit though. The only way to deal with grief is to go through it, and at your own pace. You will come out of it stronger at the other end. In the meantime be kind to yourself. Your dad would have wanted this.