RIP Lighthound.

somnambulated

Newly Enlightened
I loved that web store. Not just for flashlights, but for the gizmos and tinkering/hobby electronics supplies buried deep in a catologue somewhere else. Where am I going to find glow o-rings and neat little battery cases now?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
somnambulated, <--Thats a mouth full! lol Yes you are correct, they did have some neat gizmos & gear. I can't count the things that I didn't need that I bought. Those knick knacks are probably still in little baggies in my flashlight toolbox. :)

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joining in to say farewell to Lighthound. It is a loss, and I'm sad about it, especially just learning about this now. Great dealer, and they will be missed.

To the people at Lighthound: Best wishes, thank you for the excellent service, and with any luck, I hope ya'll continue to enjoy the hobby! :)

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now even the Lighthound FB page is gone...
It's just a matter of time before its Twitter page is no more

BTW, was told by a certain party that LH's closure is mainly due to market shrinking and has nothing to do with any individual's health issue
And with the declining economy these days, expect more to close in the long run

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Guys.... Online shops like Lighthound often close up because of a reduced number of sales. It simply no longer becomes profitable to continue. We love Lighthound. At the end of the day, it's a business. If profits are low, it's unrealistic to expect the business to continue. Sometimes the most likely answer is the correct one.

You know? It just might be that the owners of Light Hound won the lottery, or received a big inheritance. For all we know, they just might be celebrating in Hawaii or other exotic places unknown. :party:

Sure we've suffered a loss, but maybe we should be celebrating their new found riches. We can always hope.

Its like Ron White says, "People who win the lottery always say, "I'm not going to quit my job." "Not me. If my wife walked in right now and told me I'd won the lottery, I'd walk off this stage in the middle of this joke."

~ Chance

+1

Heres how I think of it:

They moved to a remote island with bags of cash and a lifetime of flashlights and batteries.

The End.

FIRST!

~ Chance

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
yazkaz: Thanks for the update and possible insider info :)
I also heard that the parent company of a certain favorite brand, also a famous OEM component (I can't say which) mfyer which has operated for decades, is also going out of business
Although, I cannot elaborate more beyond that

Nevertheless, business for the daughter brand will still continue for at least a few more years, thanks to the support of the international flashlight community

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Now even the Lighthound FB page is gone...
It's just a matter of time before its Twitter page is no more

BTW, was told by a certain party that LH's closure is mainly due to market shrinking and has nothing to do with any individual's health issue
And with the declining economy these days, expect more to close in the long run

I agree with you 100%!