• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Road to HID spotlight for sale (includes LED two-stage switching) - NOW $170

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the spotlight featured in my Road to HID project, details and beamshots can be found here. The illuminator is good to at least 500 meters (1.5kft) using a 35W HID bulb and ballast all tucked away neatly inside the spotlight. The pack is a 10-cell 2500mAH high current NiMH pack. You will need a pack charger to charge this pack. I will supply the 12V connector you need, you clamp the charger onto the positive and negative terminals of the 12V connector taking care not to short it. This pack can dump 30 over amps to a dead short - trust me you don't want to find out :)

You must have a pack charger to charge this light. Many affordable NiMh alternatives exist around or even below the $50 mark. Triton, Maha, or Hitec users will not have to worry in the least. I have used both the Maha and the Hitec on this spotlight.

The spotlight has been field upgraded to support two-stage switching. Low stage is a single Luxeon 1 for wide-field illumination. High stage turns off the LED (come on, 20 extra lumens ain't gonna make a diff when you have 3200) and turns on the main beam.

$200, everything included, shipping as well. (shipping will set me back at least $50.. you are getting quite a deal here) This is a fairly big spotlight and I am going to have to send it overseas, hence the cost. However, it is very easy to carry and very light compared to other spots since it uses a NiMH battery pack.

Minor update: The spotlight has only two Luxeons and one of them does not work due to my mistake in not isolating the ground plane. The surviving Lux1 works great, though. You can easily rectify my mistakes by substituting your own Luxeon and resistor, or use it as-is. The spot produces an estimated 20 lumens on low.

aau.sized.jpg

aax.sized.jpg

aav.sized.jpg

aaw.sized.jpg

aaz.sized.jpg

Last edited:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Road to HID spotlight for sale (includes LED two-stage switching) - $170

First and last price drop to $170.

If nobody wants it, this spot will make a great gift for a HID addict I know. :D