Run-Time Plot - Legend LX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
This runtime plot is of the Brinkmann Legend LX. This plot was performed using Toshiba CR123A batteries.

Equipment used is a photocell and a Radio Shack 22-805 multimeter with a PC interface that is using ScopeView software (V 1.08).

The vertical axis is in MA and the horizontal axis is 15 minutes per division.

Be aware that your actual battery mileage may vary from that indicated by this runtime plot.

brink.jpg

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
Oh My God! 171.3mA max!! This is retina fryer territory. Most the LS based readings had been about 2mA

- Vikas

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen a dive like that since my last swim meet. Definitely a light for intermittent use.

That jump in current seems strange. Did you bump the light, or did it maybe heat up the photocell making it more sensitive?
grin.gif

rlhess

Enlightened
Lux Luthor,

I'm running a similar test with a SL 4AA LED and saw the same type of rise after a quick fall.

I'll post when I get it done in the LED forum.

Cheers,

Richard

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
It is probably as the bulb warms up and starts to become more efficient, then the batteries start to dive after the bulb is more efficient. I don't know, I am just guessing (and it isn't a real valid guess as I am real tired and am going to bed now.

Spud

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "rise/increase" is typical of all lithium batteries. As the battery chemistry warms up, the battery becomes more efficient.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
rlhess,

I noticed you list a 1D emergency strobe in your signature. Can you provide anymore information about it? It sounds interesting.

Albany Tom

Enlightened
Way off topic, but tek-tite and ACR make nice battery powered strobes, too. I have the 2-AA ACR, and 1-AA tek-tite. Very nice + fun!

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
Hi Roy,

Are you using the Radio Shack 22-805 logging multimeter? I just purchased one. Unfortunately, the readings keep on bouncing all over, especially on the resistor scale.

Thanks,
- Vikas

Status
Not open for further replies.