Run-Time Plot - Police

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
This runtime plot is for a "Chinese" Police brand incandesent flashlight using 2xCR123A Battery Station lithium batteries.

Equipment used is a Extech Mdl 401021 Light Adapter into a Radio Shack 22-805 multimeter with a PC interface that is using Scopeview software (V 1.08).

The vertical axis is 0.30 vDC per division. the horizontal axis is 15 minutes per division.

Be aware that your actual battery milage may vary from that indicated by this runtime plot.

The runtime to 50% of max brightness = 55 minutes
police-1.jpg

police.jpg

This light was purchased ($9.99) from LightHound.com and was listed on his website as the "Chinese Police' model Xenon flashlight. These lights come in Black, Blue, Bronze, Green, Red, and Silver with the Black model being the cheapest!
The website also states that recahargeable batteries (R123) can be used if a 8v blub (2 for less than $2) is used.

Last edited:

balazer

Enlightened
Will the light hold an 18650? Is there such a thing as a bright 3.6-V bulb?

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I assume that an 18650 is a battery of some sort.....if so, I have no idea if it fits. If it fits is other 2x123 lights, it should fit in this one,,,I should think.

As to your bulb question...no idea.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the plot Roy, I was always wondering what kind of mileage my Police light would give me. 55 mins for 50-60 lumens (visually estimated) of a big spill and decent beam quality for $10 is excellent.

I am intending to use it with the 8v bulb and 2x123as protected, hope its brighter. Looks like stock lens is able to take the heat from the stock bulb for 55 mins.

As for a 3.6v bulb swapped in running a 18650 (dunno if it fits well either, presumably it should), I doubt it'll be as impressive as the 6v or 8v bulb. I think Dae sells a 4.5v bulb which should work with a 18650.

Anyone know of a 9v bulb that will fit into a Chinese police flashlight that can take on a P91? (200 lumens) Maybe the 8v bulb can match a P90 at least. (100ish lumens)