• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

SAD NEWS FROM GOING GEAR (PLEASE READ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

olemil

Newly Enlightened
I just received the email telling about him passing, so sad, very sad. I love watching his review videos, so much fun and a super guy. My condolences to his family, so tragic.

david57strat

Enlightened
I've had the pleasure of watching many of Marshall's videos, over the years, since discovering the many EDC items available (that were previously unknown, to me), and it was clear that he took great efforts to inform fellow EDC enthusiasts about the many products that were available, and how they compared with each other; and they were always presented in such a knowledgeable, yet non-intimidating manner.

Yesterday, I was sitting down at a Norm's restaurant, waiting for my meal to arrive, when I read, on my phone, about his passing, as I was perusing reddit Flashlight posts. I was saddened, and shocked to hear this news. He seemed like such a kind-spirited man, and I recall he had young children, but never realized he was only thirty-seven years old.

I had hoped to venture out to Smyrna, someday, to visit his store, to shake his hand, and to thank him, personally, for having shared his wealth of knowledge about these items, in countless YouTube videos, which included numerous extremely informative seminars. They were invaluable, to me, and so many others. It didn't surprise me, in the least, to read that he was also a great pillar, in his community, as well. He was that kind of guy - one in a million.

I've purchased a charger, at least one P60 drop-in, and numerous lights from Going Gear, during the past five years, and greatly admired their impressive in-house stock of items, their killer clearance deals, giveaways, and Marshall's ability to explain things, with his excellent videos, in detail, but with such ease, to (once) laymen, like me. His videos were an invaluable part of my flashlight education, and I will be forever grateful to him, for taking the time to share them with me and many thousands of others.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, and other loved ones, at this time. Clearly, he will be sorely missed.

Rest in peace, my brother.

Last edited:

Jose Marin

Enlightened
No flashlight will ever shine as bright as your soul Marshall. You will be terribly missed by everyone.

Doomsday

Newly Enlightened
RIP Marshall. My prayers will be with your family.
First and only person I watch flashlight reviews on YouTube

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I purchased my first firesteels from Marshall when that was all he was really selling. His informative and entertaining videos through the years will be greatly missed...

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened
Wow just found out!!!! I'M IN SHOCK. My deepest condolences for the family and friends. I'm so sad. I loved Marshall so much whenever I was not feeling good I would watch his videos and it would cheer me up. My favorite picture is Marshall walking with his dog shining his lights he will be greatly missed.

TwitchALot

Enlightened
Although I'm less active now in the Flashlight scene than before, I'm deeply saddened to hear of Marshall's passing. My first GoingGear purchase was in 2010, and I thoroughly enjoyed Marshall's reviews. His beamshot and tint comparisons were invaluable, and it was obvious he was a kind and passionate person. He'll be sorely missed, and he'll forever have a place in my heart for the way he impacted my life.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really sad news! So many times I have seen his inspiring and enjoying flashlight videos at youtube. I will miss him.

Rest in peace Marshall!

RBWNY

Enlightened
Thanks for the bit of info. It's very sad news to be sure! I can understand the family wanting to keep the details private, but when someone is cut down in their prime, as Marshall was.... it's only natural to wonder what happened!! Like many, I never met him.... but felt I knew him well.

GoingGear was one of my favorite merchants, having given them a lot of business over the years! His videos were awesome. He will definitely be missed!!

Last edited by a moderator:

bigfoot

Enlightened
[FONT=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, Segoe UI, Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]My heartfelt condolences to Marshall's family and friends. Like many others, I didn't know him personally, but his reviews reached an audience both near and far. Rest easy and we'll take it from here... [/FONT]:candle:

alwayslight

Newly Enlightened
So sorry to hear this sad news. RIP Marshall you brought joy and entertainment to a whole global community who watched your videos. We will miss you.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Wow. This is sad. GG is a great company. I have bought gear from them multiple times. Smoke and prayers to the the family. :(

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
:( I have always enjoyed doing business with GG. Stand up company. His hard work and memories will live on. Godspeed to his family & close friends.

AmericanEDC

Newly Enlightened
Gut punch.

Although I never had a chance to meet him, who in the community hadn't watched his videos? I mean really. You would have to be living under a rock not to have seen at least a few.

I can't count the number of times I was driving through Georgia from Florida to wherever and all I wanted to do with my family was veer off to Smyrna, GA to check out the shop. It just never happened.

My thoughts are with all of you who knew him personally and of course his family. I've been through this personally. To his father, brother, wife, etc. Only time heals this wound. NOTHING ELSE I'm sorry to report. Only time. Stay strong and know that thousands of people are thinking of you.

David

RIP, Marshall! I was a long time customer and a big fan of his videos. He had such an infectious laugh and genuinely seemed to love gear just like we do. It's tragic to see someone so young pass and leave a young family behind. I see there's a GoFundMe page for them, I will visit it soon.

DAN92

Enlightened
What sad news.....

May he rest in peace and I would like to extend my sincere condolences to his family and loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.