Saint Incand's Day - July 12, 2009

lctorana

Flashlight Enthusiast
'Tis St Incans Day, the post has arrived,
Two parcels await at the end of the day.
All incans, of course, to make the heart glad
Fivemega, a PRINCE, and joy to behold.
At midwinter dark, our home lit up,
With friendly warm light, the CPF way.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy Saint Incand's Day!:party:
Today I am carrying only my E2E-BK. Not an LED in sight.
After work, I think I'll take the M6 out and let it stretch it's legs a bit. :)

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plentiful incandescent merriment to all for this fine day... t'was a SL Scorpion which I fired up yesterday (time differential) in commemoration :thumbsup:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
'Tis St Incans Day, the post has arrived,
Two parcels await at the end of the day.
All incans, of course, to make the heart glad
Fivemega, a PRINCE, and joy to behold.
At midwinter dark, our home lit up,
With friendly warm light, the CPF way.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

mesa232323

Enlightened
Such an interesting thread. Noted on my calender. If there are any hotwire freaks in the Bakersfield area, we could get together and light up the town. :cool:

jkpq45

Newly Enlightened
WM HKNJ AI WMUXN

OK, Lux, I'm just stubborn enough to bite.

Any further hints? Think you could tell me if the spaces are intentional? I've tried different letter rearrangements, haven't given up yet, though.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Spaces are not in right places. This uses a cypher system that was used in the secret ritual manual from my old fraternity.

mesa232323

Enlightened
I purchased 2 Streamlight Stinger's and a Stinger HP for incands day. One for my wife, my son and I. Power gets shut down and incands only for this special occasion with family.

jkpq45

Newly Enlightened
I've got the 50W Budget 4D Mag Build, 4D Mag Krypton, 2x 3D Mag, 2x 2D Mag, Several minis and 4 BNIB 5D Mags to celebrate.

Hopefully my 64655 build will be done by then... I keep burning up LiCO cells with that venture for some reason.... :)

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Mesa, nice!!!

I've got the 50W Budget 4D Mag Build, 4D Mag Krypton, 2x 3D Mag, 2x 2D Mag, Several minis and 4 BNIB 5D Mags to celebrate.

Hopefully my 64655 build will be done by then... I keep burning up LiCO cells with that venture for some reason.... :)

Hopefully not literally burning LiCo cells! You do need cells that can output adequate current for the voltage being used (see thread in my sig), and know when to stop so you don't beat on the batteries too much. Using protected LiCo is really the best way to go unless you are using regulated circuits by Jimmy/Alan's/wquiles/AWR (the latter now in Hall of Shame--and not to be confused with esteemed battery maker AW in Hong Kong).

jkpq45

Newly Enlightened
No real fires yet, Lux--but it's pretty obvious when I set up a test circuit and get good brightness for about 5 seconds, then the voltage sag is visibly significant.

I've got one set that works great for the 50W PR16 bulb--I use it for about 20 minutes before I break it down and recharge. I've only been dropping to about 4 V in that time.

scout24

Flashaholic
E2e MN03 twisty tailcap with LX2 pocketclip ready for primary EDC use tomorow. G3 with LF HO9 and 2x17500's on backup. :) May even stretch the M6's legs a bit in the morning.

CMAG

Enlightened
I'll play, E1e EDC, C2 back up, old 2C MAG in pick up, 6D MAG under bed

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
Already used my RoP today for checking in the (really dark) basement garage for some stuff.
Actually I use that RoP quite often:
2D Maglite
RoP low bulb
2 x 32650 cells
Fivemega deep reflector
UCL glass lens
Rubberised grip (bicycle tube) for less cold feel (currently mid-winter here)
Good for 2 hours run time

It is too big for EDC but I love it for around the house use and I often take it camping too - the incan light is better on the greens & browns in the woods than LED light.
I've got brighter incans but this RoP low is my favourite practical day-to-day use light.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Already used my RoP today for checking in the (really dark) basement garage for some stuff.
Actually I use that RoP quite often:
2D Maglite
RoP low bulb
2 x 32650 cells
Fivemega deep reflector
UCL glass lens
Rubberised grip (bicycle tube) for less cold feel (currently mid-winter here)
Good for 2 hours run time

It is too big for EDC but I love it for around the house use and I often take it camping too - the incan light is better on the greens & browns in the woods than LED light.
I've got brighter incans but this RoP low is my favourite practical day-to-day use light.

Yeah, have to agree that ROP was a brilliant discovery that so many could use.

CMAG

Enlightened
I have Confession My E ican led tower came in mail on the 12 and I could not restrain myself:devil:

Latest posts