SAMS POB replacement Battery

bullpup

Newly Enlightened
If anyone has ordered a better replacment battery ( Sunway SW1270) for the POB HID light could you please post a link. I searched but am confused about the sizes. My Light died and I have only used a few times. Maybe I should upgrade instead of spending the 25ish on a replacment. Thank you and Merry Christmas

Last edited:

FredM

Enlightened
Are you sure it is the battery? Pop it open and check the connections. What does it do when you put it on the charger?

bullpup

Newly Enlightened
The light works but tHe charger indicator stays red even though I measured the volts after charging it and it read 12.4 under no load.

Richie086

Enlightened
The light works but tHe charger indicator stays red even though I measured the volts after charging it and it read 12.4 under no load.

Just coming off float charge, that battery should be 13 volts. As soon as you turn on the light, it'll drop and stay at about 12 volts. Sounds like the battery is weak and not accepting a full charge or something may be wrong with the charging circuit for the light.

bullpup

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone. I ordered a B&B replacment battery for about $28 including shipping. Hopefully, this works. I like this light but maybe I should upgrade anyway. It is a shame I only used it several times before dying.

Richie086

Enlightened
Here are the dimensions for the original battery, with different label. Sorry about the language and millimeters.

http://www.biltema.fi/osteri/data/taulukot//80-410 data sheet.pdf

Hi Inspireit,

Those specs for the original 12v 7Ah battery you posted (if correct) are really amazing. Nice low internal resistance and a great maximum discharge current for the 5 second rate. I believe it's also slightly heavier, which means slightly thicker lead plates.

If I was going to replace the stock battery in my POB, I'd go with either of the following B&B batteries (BP7-12, BP7.5-12, or the EP7-12) Of course the dimensions of the new battery should be verified prior to purchasing.

However, none of the above excellent B&B batteries compare with the specs of the stock battery. I'm wondering if the company that makes them rates batteries differently than they do in the USA.

zeeter82

Newly Enlightened
Triwing screws

Does anyone know where I can get a cheap triwing screwdriver that works on the POB HID? Or is there another way of removing these weird screws on the head of the light?

I have a smaller triwing screwdriver that I use on consoles (wii etc.) but it's too small for the screws on this light.

Parker VH

Enlightened
I bought my tri wing bits at my local Ace hardware. They had them in stock surprisingly.

Madmax908

Newly Enlightened
Same problem as you

I have the same problem with my flashlight.
Did the new battery solve the problem?
Do you have a link for B&B if it did?

Richie086

Enlightened
Re: Same problem as you

I have the same problem with my flashlight.
Did the new battery solve the problem?
Do you have a link for B&B if it did?

Hi MadMax,

Here is the link to B&B Batteries, my favorite dealer to purchase from. Any of the 7 Ah - 8.5 Ah batteries on this page will work for you that come with the T1 battery connectors which should be those 1/8" wide slip on connector battery terminals.

I went with the HR9-12T2, which is actually a 9 Ah battery that gives runtimes up to 110 minutes. According to the website, it's available with optional T1 connectors too. If they don't have the T1 version, you can snip off the T1's on your battery cables and install the T2's available at any local auto parts store.

http://www.electricrider.com/batteries/index.htm